Ferrum Audio Hypsos Power Supply
The Ferrum Audio Hypsos Power Supply defines a brand new category of a hifi products. It’s not a simple power supply but an audio component of its own – an equally (or even more) important part of a setup as any other. HYPSOS offers a selection of unique features and even accounts for future software improvements – the device is software controlled with as few hardware dependent elements as possible.
Download Users Manual >>
The most important features are:
Hybrid Power System – Linear/switching hybrid design to get the advantages from both techniques – low ripple and noise as well as fast transient response and high efficiency.
Distinct user levels – Using pre-configured settings from the list of supported devices or setting custom parameters manually. Wide continuous ouput voltage range of 5-30V with up to 6A of current delivered to the load. HYPSOS is as universal a device as it gets.
Sweet Spot Tuning (SST) – Possibility to fine tune the output voltage for the best sound. The voltage level can be safely adjusted on the fly to allow easy comparison testing.
4T Sensing Design (4TSD) – Ensuring the exact voltage level precisely at the point of the powered device DC input terminal – special cable design and feedback to ensure flat voltage at every moment. This technique eliminates the harmful effects of the cable’s resistance effectively improving transient response.
Advanced Automation – Compatibility with Apple TV remote, Trigger in/out connector; possibility to automate power-up of the devices with standby mode even without dedicated trigger connection.
Extremely safe to use – Automatic Transformer Voltage Adjust (ATVA), Electronic Output Voltage Polarity Switch and overvoltage, current limit and short protection. Settings lock to prevent accidental change of the parameters.
Detailed and revealing yet unfatiguing sound – Makes your current audio setup perform to its potential. Tweak the sound modifying the voltage level on the fly and use the preferred combination of the 4-Terminal Sensing and Spread Spectrum Mode settings.
Works with! – Check out which products are compatible with Hypsos. Compatibility list
Unique output cable design: two wires delivering the power and two wires providing the feedback to ensure flat voltage at every moment. This technique eliminates the harmful effects of the cable’s resistance effectively improving transient response. The current delivery speed at the powered device’s input is significantly improved.
HYPSOS comes with one of the two high quality DC power cables fitted with a 5,5×2,5mm and a 5,5×2,1mm DC plug, to connect to the most commonly used DC inlets. If you need different type of DC plug please contact us.
- Power input: 110-120 & 220-240V AC/50-60Hz (EU/US Version)
90 – 110Vac/50-60Hz (JP Version)IEC C14 power inlet, a fuse holder with power on/off switch plus two-stage EMI filter for low impedance load with better noise attenuation in low frequency applications
- Mains cable: US/EU/UK
- DC OUT cable: 5×2.5mm DC plug / 5×2.1mm DC plug Custom cables made to order at additional cost
- Output Voltage Range: 5-30 [V]
- Max Continuous Output Current (for V_out below 13,3V): 6 [A]
- Max Continuous Output Current (for V_out higher than 13,3V): l_out= 80[W] / DCout[V]
- Maximum Impulse Current: 9A
- Maximum Impulse Power: DC V_out*9A (270W for 30V)
- Max Continuous Output Power (for V_out below 13,3V): P_out = V_out[V] * 6[A]
- Max Continuous Output Power (for V_out higher than 13,3V): 80W
- Dimensions (without knob, feet and connectors) (W x D x H , mm / inches): 217.5 x 206.5 x 50.0 / 8.6 x 8.1 x 2.0
- Net weight (kg / lb): ~ 2,89 / ~ 6.2
- Primary winding fuse: IEC 5x20mm, 250V 3.15A,
slown-blown for Japan version / 250V 2A, slown-blown for Europe,
- Secondary winding fuse: Littefuse 154004T, 4A
- Power consumption: 230VAC, 50Hz @ 12VDC out/: Idle – 6VA @ 15W load – 30,7VA @ 60W load – 98VA @ 80W load – 133,9VA