HOME THEATRE REFRESH
Rapallo were contacted by clients in central Auckland. They had an existing home theatre room and wanted to upgrade the entire room.
We worked with the client to come up with an AV spec that suited their needs, and the acoustics of the room. Our team of builders / electricians then removed the old cabling (as it ran around the room in ugly conduit) removed the gib and re-routed all the cables in the walls. We replaced an existing door and replaced it with a new cavity slider to remove the space the doors took up. The AV cabinet was updated and tidied up including adding access from the rear and LED lighting and the door was made to fit into the wall so it was almost invisible. The room was then put back together, plastered and painted.
The client choose a great colour for the room (shark) and then a fantastic red carpet to make it a really amazing space. The windows were blanked out and the room is now a “movie santuary” that is pitch black when the lighting is turned off.
It was a complete renovation and the result was outstanding.
The AV system installed in this project was optimised for the dedicated home theatre room and it included:
- Anthem 1120 AVR
- Custom made AV cabinet door and wall hung racking to provide more space
- Klipsch in-ceiling speakers for the Atmos with custom made mounting rings
- SVS Prime Elevation rears and surrounds
- ELAC Muro’s placed on-wall
- 133″ Fixed Frame Acoustic Transparent Screen
- Two Velodyne subwoofers
- Sony 4K Projector
- Vogels Projector Mount
- Russound IR extender
The projected managed by Rapallo and involved builders / electricians / gib-stoppers / painting… and the COVID-19 lockdown!!
The project consisted of the following Rapallo AV Design & Build services:
- Pre-purchase demo @ Rapallo’s demo room.
- Onsite AV Consultation – to ensure the setup matches the clients brief and the environment its being used
- Speaker Optimisation and Positioning
- Project Management
- Rapallo preferred suppliers
- Product sourcing for small wall cavity spaces / long cable runs
- Installation & setup – installation of the products / testing and training.
- Post installation Support