DescriptionView Quick Start Guide >> View Owners Guide >>
Take your entertainment to the next level. With professional quality video and immersive surround sound via Dolby Atmos®, the RX-A2A receiver will completely transform home cinema.
- 7.2-channel 100 Watt surround sound with Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™
- 4K60, Dolby Vision™, Hybrid-Log Gamma and BT.2020
- 4K120AB and 8K60B HDMI™ and HDR10+ (with future update) with HDCP 2.3 and eARC (7 in/1 out)
- Supports enhanced media and gaming – ALLM, VRR, QFT, QMS (with future update)
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization (with future update)
- Wi-Fi®, AirPlay 2 and Spotify Connect
- Voice Control with Alexa, Google Assistant and Siri®
- MusicCast multi-room audio app control
- Pandora®, Spotify, Amazon Music, SiriusXM, TIDAL, Deezer, Napster and more
- YPAO automatic room calibration with R.S.C. and multipoint
- Phono input
- MusicCast Surround-capable: add optional MusicCast speakers to provide wireless surrounds for a 5.1-channel setup
The Reference Standard in AV Receivers
AVENTAGE AV receivers are the reference standard to which all others are compared. Passionate engineering and meticulous attention to detail produce the Yamaha hallmark of True Sound. You can feel the quality in the design and fabrication – from every electrical path, component and piece of material. Each element was scrutinized with intense detail to produce the finest, first-class performance. The AVENTAGE AV receiver is a work of visual and acoustic art.
Dolby Atmos® and Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization*
Feel every dimension in Dolby Atmos. Enjoy a 5.1 surround speaker system and two additional overhead speakers or two Dolby Atmos elevation speakers, delivering dramatic overhead effects for truly enveloping audio. For those without in-ceiling or upward firing speakers in their system, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization* technology can simulate the Atmos experience. Configure up to five speakers to replicate the effect of two in-ceiling speakers, or utilize all seven channels to simulate the powerful effect of four overhead speakers. * Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization is available via a future update.
DTS:X immersive audio formatting places sound where it would naturally occur in space, creating life-like, multi-dimensional audio. The included spatial remapping engine of DTS Neural:X™ offers improved immersion and heightened realism in all your favorite movies.
CINEMA DSP 3D for Movie, Music and Game
This unique Yamaha proprietary sound field creation technology, was created by combining measured sound field data with digital signal processing. Yamaha collected sound field data from famous concert halls and music clubs around the world, utilizing its wealth of experience in the fields of concert hall design, public address and mixing. By digitizing this vast trove of information and incorporating it into dedicated LSI devices, it effectively reproduces the spaces of concert halls and music clubs in your home. Immerse yourself in the astounding realism of your movies, and enter a world of profound theater sound.
Compressed Music Enhancer
When music is encoded into a digitally compressed format like MP3, the frequency response suffers. Yamaha’s Compressed Music Enhancer employs sophisticated digital signal processing using exclusive algorithms to restore what was lost, so the music always sounds the way it should.
High Slew Rate Amplifier
The slew rate measures how quickly an amplifier can respond to a rapid change of input level, which contributes to delivering a precise signal transmission and is especially effective with high resolution audio signals. This newly designed circuit achieves both a high slew rate and stable signal transmission, allowing it to handle each audio signal with precision and accuracy.
MOVIES AND GAMES LIKE NEVER BEFORE
- HDR and HDR10+* – HDR (high dynamic range) video provides incredible contrast, smooth tone and rich, bright colors—giving you full, high-definition enjoyment with an exceptionally realistic and natural picture quality. – HDR10+ greatly improves dynamic range (the ratio of light to dark) of video content on a scene-by-scene (or even frame-by-frame) basis. Also, using frame-by-frame metadata, it improves the scene characteristics between bright and dark so that important detail can remain. This enables displays to reproduce images more realistically, adhering to the creator’s intent. * HDR10+ is available via a future update
- 4K120AB*, 8K60B* and 4K60 – Supports end-to-end 8K/4K resolutions and higher refresh rate solutions with a single upgraded cable for seamless integration within the HDMI eco-system. 8K delivers a super-immersive viewing experience with 2x the horizontal and vertical resolution of 4K, and 4 times as many pixels; and combined with 60Hz refresh rate enables smooth and sharp viewing of content with high-speed action. 4K120 enables ultra-fast motion UHD images to be crisp and razor sharp; allowing sports, action movies, high-performance gaming and VR to benefit significantly. It also supports Dolby Vision™ and Hybrid Log-Gamma. * 4K120AB and 8K60B are available via a future update
- Enhanced Media and Gaming (ALLM, VRR, QMS, QFT)* – Enhanced media and gaming features ensure an added level of smooth and seamless motion and transitions for gaming, movies and video. They include: Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), which enables the ideal latency setting to automatically be set allowing for smooth, lag-free and uninterrupted viewing and interactivity; Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) reduces or eliminates lag, stutter and frame tearing for more fluid and detailed gameplay; Quick Media Switching (QMS) for movies and video eliminates the delay that can result in blank frames before content is displayed; and Quick Frame Transport (QFT), which reduces latency for smoother, no-lag gaming and real-time interactive virtual reality. * These features are available via a future update
DESIGNED FOR YOUR SPACE
- YPAO™ automatic room calibration with R.S.C. and Multipoint – YPAO (Yamaha Parametric room Acoustic Optimizer) analyzes your room acoustics, measures speaker characteristics and adjusts unwanted reflected sounds to optimize every channel of your home theater. R.S.C. (Reflected Sound Control) analyzes room acoustics and measures various speaker characteristics, then calibrates audio parameters to achieve optimum sound at any of eight listening positions. Simply by placing the supplied microphone at your listening position and switching YPAO on, the system is automatically calibrated ensuring your home theater room has the best sound.
- MusicCast Surround – Combine this AV receiver with the MusicCast 50 or two MusicCast 20 wireless streaming speakers and enjoy MusicCast Surround, creating a 5.1-channel home theater with wireless surround sound. What’s more, you get stunningly realistic sound with a clean, clutter-free setup. Easily turn your living room into a home theater where you can fully enjoy movies and music.
- Compelling Design – Yamaha AV receivers are crafted with meticulous design and craftsmanship to produce a work of visual and acoustic art. The immaculate chassis construction further solidifies the alignment of stability in performance. It offers a beautiful form that deepens the AVENTAGE uniqueness and continues to further enhance key acoustic authority. Inspired by tradition and incorporating fresh new design principles, the new look of AVENTAGE exhibits engineering at its most innovative and awe-inspiring best.
- Scene Buttons Easily Get You To Your Favorite Content – There are four SCENE buttons. You can preset them for different inputs, as well as a sound field program, Music Enhancer, HDMI output and more. The inputs can be set to specific sources, such as an FM or Internet radio station, a station on a streaming service, a USB device or a song on a PC or NAS (network). Once you have set the buttons, simply press one on the main unit or the remote control to power on the receiver and hear your desired music. The buttons can be re-set at any time.
SIMPLE TO SET UP, SIMPLE TO USE
- Simple and Easy with the MusicCast App – Use your smartphone or tablet together with the MusicCast app to operate the AV receiver and change settings quickly and easily. The app offers the same functions as a remote control for all your MusicCast-compatible devices as well as full multi-room audio controls.
- Voice Control (Alexa, Google Assistant and Siri) – Easily works with Alexa, Google Assistant and Siri (via Airplay 2), so your AV receiver is always at your command and your whole home can come alive. *A third party device is required to initiate voice commands
- AV Setup Guide App – No Worries, no confusion. Use this app to receive expert setup assistance for your AV receiver and source devices. It even guides you through various other settings such as speaker connections, TV and source device connections and power amplifier assignments.
STREAMING, APPS AND MORE
- Multi-room Audio – MusicCast – Imagine sharing all the music you love throughout the home – no matter the format. From your favorite vinyl to AirPlay 2, Bluetooth® to music streaming services and even sound from your TV, MusicCast has it covered. Additionally, all MusicCast products are designed with sound quality at the front of mind. High-res formats including Apple Lossless (ALAC) up to 96 kHz, WAV, FLAC and AIFF up to 384 kHz are supported.
- AirPlay 2 – Hey Siri. Play music in the kitchen and living room. AirPlay 2 adds the ability to stream Apple Music and other streaming services to multiple MusicCast devices throughout your home. Easily control it from your iPhone or iPad, link it with a HomePod, or simply utilize voice control and ask Siri to assist.
- Stream it All – Explore a world of music with music streaming services built-in. Synchronizing your playlists and tracks from your smart phone or computer to the AV receiver, music streaming services make it easy to either listen to your favorites or discover new music.
- eARC – Unlock the full potential of your 4K content. Enhanced Audio Return Channel (also known as eARC) is the next generation of ARC – available in the industry-leading AV receivers from Yamaha. eARC delivers full-resolution, multi-channel audio formats such as Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD® through your existing HDMI connection, giving you the most realistic surround sound experience for immersing yourself in your favorite movies and moments.
- Zone 2 – Featuring Zone 2 compatible speaker terminals, this system can send the same (or even different) AV source playing in the main room for playback in another room. For example, if you have speakers installed in your bedroom, kitchen or patio, you can go to that other room and enjoy listening to the same or different main room content.
- Phono – This AV receiver provides dedicated phono input terminals, letting you connect a turntable and enjoy music from your vinyl collection.
- Channel 7.2
- Rated Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) 125 W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven) 100 W (8 ohms, 0.06% THD)
- Maximum Effective Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) 150 W (8 ohms, 10% THD)
- High Slew Rate Amplifier Yes
Surround Sound Processing
- CINEMA DSP Yes
- DSP Programs 17
- Dialog Level Adjustment Yes
- Virtual Presence Speaker Yes
- Virtual Surround Back Speaker Yes
- Dialogue Lift Yes
- SILENT CINEMA / Virtual CINEMA DSP Yes
- Dolby Atmos Yes
- Dolby Atmos Height Virturalizer Yes (via future update)
- Dolby TrueHD Yes
- Dolby Digital Plus Yes
- Dolby Surround Yes
- DTS:X Yes
- DTS-HD Master Audio Yes
- File Format MP3 / WMA / MPEG-4 AAC: up to 48 kHz / 16-bit, ALAC: up to 96 kHz / 24-bit, FLAC: up to 384 kHz / 24-bit, WAV / AIFF: up to 384 kHz / 32-bit, DSD: up to 11.2 MHz
- Pure Direct Yes
- Compressed Music Enhancer Yes
- High-resolution Music Enhancer N/A
- YPAO multi-point measurement Yes
- YPAO Volume Yes
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control) Yes
- Initial Volume & Maximum Volume Setting Yes
- A.R.T. Wedge Yes
- Bi-amp capability Yes
- Audio Delay Yes (0-500 ms)
- DA Converter 384 kHz / 32-bit BB PCM5102A
- HDMI eARC Yes
- HDMI Audio Return Channel Yes
- HDMI Pass-through 8K60B, 4K120AB (via future update)*HDMI 1-3
- HDMI Up-scaling Yes up to 4K
- HDMI Up-conversion N/A
- Dolby Vision Yes
- HDR 10+ Yes (via future update)
- RR/ALLM/QMS/QFT Yes (via future update)
- Video adjustment N/A
- MusicCast Surround Yes
- HDMI Input/Output 7 / 1
- HDMI CEC Yes
- USB Input Yes
- Network Port Yes
- Wi-Fi Yes (2.4 / 5 GHz)
- AirPlay 2 Yes
- Bluetooth Yes (SBC / AAC)
- Front AV Input USB
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Optical 1 / 0
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Coaxial 1 / 0
- Analog Audio Input/Output 4 / 0
- Phono Input Yes
- XLR Terminal N/A
- Component Video Input/Output N/A
- Composite Video Input/Output N/A
- Preout 2.2-ch
- Headphone Output 1
- FM/AM Tuner Yes (Availability varies by region.)
- DAB Tuner Yes (Availability varies by region.)
- User Interface
- On-screen display Graphical User Interface
- SCENE Yes (8 sets)
- App Control Yes (iPhone / iPad / Android phone / tablet)
- Web Browser Control Yes
- Remote Control Unit Yes
- Zone 2 Audio Output Pre-out
- Powered Zone Zone 2
- Zone Video Output N/A
- Zone GUI N/A
- RS-232C Interface N/A
- +12V Trigger Output 1
- Remote (IR) Input/Output 1 / 1
- Party Mode Yes
- Power Consumption (IR only) 0.1 W
- Auto Power Standby Yes
- ECO mode Yes
- (W x H x D) 435 W x 171 H x 372 D mm (with antenna up:435 W x 245 H x 372 D mm)
- 10.2 kg.