The Serene “晴” adopts a true and fully-balanced design from end to end, with 4 sets of channels, left and right channels each form a fully-discrete design, each channel has two fully-discrete and separate amplification modules to complete buffering and amplification (attenuation) functions. For a total of 8 amplification modules.
The 8 amplification modules of Serene “晴” are of a fully discrete design. The shortcomings of the transistor itself are solved through structural design and implementation. Its tone can exceed the limitations of traditional transistors. Using significant amounts of paired transistors delivers superior linearity and also has the advantages of electron tubes and transistors at the same time. Its tone can exceed the limitations of traditional
Serene’s “晴” power supply is a completely independent structure from the secondary transformer. This is a dual mono amplifier placed in a chassis, so it has a full frequency >130dB performance of channel separation, so that the sound field is perfectly reproduced.
Serene “晴” volume control is a fully balanced stepping device controlled by relay-controlled gain stage. Relays are the finest quality with Silver Palladium (AgPd) Gold Plated contacts. For a total of 84 steps, each step is 1db volume, and provides a volume control from -78dB to +6dB. Its advantage is that it has ultra low noise and can be accurately controlled at low volume without causing the phenomenon of left and right channels having unmatched levels. The matching degree of left and right channels in all volume ranges are within +/-0.1dB.
Serene L1(Standard) and L2(KTE):
Standard Model includes:
- 7N copper, round wire O-type transformer, which was used in the Spring 2 (non-KTE)
- Standard copper hook-up wire
- Schurter Gold Fuse, same fuse used in Spring 2/May (non-KTE)
- Standard capacitors / HoloAudio, audio grade capacitors
- CNC Aluminum Remote Control
KTE Serene Model includes:
- Flat copper wire O-type transformer which was also used in the Holo Audio May DAC.
- Pure silver wire from IEC to power board w/Silver Rhodium plated Faston connectors
- Red nano fuse we used in the HOLO Audio May KTE.
- Holo audio caps and a 7N O-type transformer
- 4pcs 5uF/350V Bi-polarized AudioNote Kaisei capacitors.
- CNC Aluminum Remote Control
- KTE emblem on top of chassis
|Single-ended RCA input (QTY 3)||Maximum amplitude 12Vpp|
|Input impedance 6.8KΩ|
|Balanced XLR input (QTY 2)||Maximum amplitude 24Vpp|
|Input impedance 13.6KΩ|
|Single-ended RCA output||Maximum amplitude 8.5Vrms|
|Output impedance 20Ω|
|Balanced XLR output 1 (this can actually be used to power headphones from this output using adapter that is dual 3pin F XLR to single 4pin F XLR)||Maximum amplitude 17Vrms|
|Output impedance 3Ω|
|Balanced XLR output 2||Maximum amplitude 17Vrms|
|Output impedance 40Ω|
|Size||430x300x55mm / 16.93×11.81×2.17inches (W x L x H, Dimensions do not include protruding parts）|
|Power Input (configurable, see label on bottom of unit for specified input）||220-230V 50/60Hz – Fuse Type 2A SB 5x20mm|
|110-115V 50/60Hz – Fuse Type 4A SB 5x20mm|