DescriptionView Owners Manual >> View Quick Start Guide >> View More Specifications >>
POWERFUL SOUND PROCESSING
- Dolby Atmos® and Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization* – Feel every dimension in Dolby Atmos. Enjoy a 5.1 surround speaker system and two additional overhead speakers or two Dolby Atmos elevation speakers, delivering dramatic overhead effects for truly enveloping audio. For those without in-ceiling or upward firing speakers in their system, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization* technology can simulates the Atmos experience. Configure up to five speakers to replicate the effect of two in-ceiling speakers, or utilize all seven channels to simulate the powerful effect of four overhead speakers. * Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization is available via a future update
- DTS:X® – DTS:X immersive audio formatting places sound where it would naturally occur in space, creating life-like, multi-dimensional audio. The included spatial remapping engine of DTS Neural:X™ offers improved immersion and heightened realism in all your favorite movies.
- CINEMA DSP 3D – This unique Yamaha proprietary sound field creation technology was created by combining measured sound field data with digital signal processing. Yamaha collected sound field data from famous concert halls and music clubs around the world, utilizing its wealth of experience in the fields of concert hall design, public address and mixing. By digitizing this vast trove of information and incorporating it into dedicated LSI devices, it effectively reproduces the spaces of concert halls and music clubs in your home. Immerse yourself in the astounding realism of your movies and enter a world of profound theater sound.
- Compressed Music Enhancer – When music is encoded into a digitally compressed format like MP3, the frequency response suffers. The Yamaha Compressed Music Enhancer employs sophisticated digital signal processing using exclusive algorithms to restore what was lost, so the music always sounds the way it should.
MOVIES AND GAMES LIKE NEVER BEFORE
- HDR and HDR10+* – HDR (High Dynamic Range) video provides incredible contrast, smooth tone and rich, bright colors—giving you full, high-definition enjoyment with an exceptionally realistic and natural picture quality. HDR10+ greatly improves dynamic range (the ratio of light to dark) of video content on a scene-by-scene (or even frame-by-frame) basis. Also, using frame-by-frame metadata, it improves the scene characteristics between bright and dark so that important detail can remain. This enables displays to reproduce images more realistically, adhering to the creator’s intent. * HDR10+ is available via a future firmware update
- 4K/120AB* , 8K/60B* and 4K/60 – Supports end-to-end 8K/4K resolutions and higher refresh rate solutions with a single upgraded cable for seamless integration within the HDMI eco-system. 8K delivers a super-immersive viewing experience with 2x the horizontal and vertical resolution of 4K, and 4 times as many pixels; and combined with 60Hz refresh rate enables smooth and sharp viewing of content with high-speed action. 4K/120Hz enables ultra-fast motion UHD images to be crisp and razor sharp; allowing sports, action movies, high-performance gaming and VR to benefit significantly. It also supports Dolby Vision™ and Hybrid Log-Gamma. * 4K/120AB and 8K/60B are available via a future update
- Enhanced Media and Gaming (ALLM, VRR, QMS, QFT)* –Enhanced media and gaming features ensure an added level of smooth and seamless motion and transitions for gaming, movies and video. They include: Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), which enables the ideal latency setting to automatically be set allowing for smooth, lag-free and uninterrupted viewing and interactivity; Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) reduces or eliminates lag, stutter and frame tearing for more fluid and detailed gameplay; Quick Media Switching (QMS) for movies and video eliminates the delay that can result in blank frames before content is displayed; and Quick Frame Transport (QFT), which reduces latency for smoother, no-lag gaming and real-time interactive virtual reality. * These features are available via a future update
SIMPLE TO SET UP, SIMPLE TO USE
- MusicCast App – Use your smartphone or tablet together with the MusicCast app to operate the AV receiver and change settings quickly and easily. The app offers the same functions as a remote control for all your MusicCast-compatible devices as well as full multi-room audio controls.
- AV Setup Guide App – No worries, no confusion. Use this special app to receive expert set up assistance for your AV receiver and source devices. It even guides you through various other settings such as speaker connections, TV and source device connections and power amplifier assignments
- Voice Control – Easily works with Alexa, Google Assistant and Siri (via Airplay 2), so your AV receiver is always at your command and your whole home can come alive. *A third party device is required to initiate voice commands
MADE FOR YOUR ROOM
- YPAO™ – YPAO (Yamaha Parametric room Acoustic Optimizer) analyses the room acoustics and your system, then precisely adjusts various audio parameters to provide the best sound for your room. Simply by placing the supplied microphone at your listening position and switching YPAO on, the system is automatically calibrated for optimum performance in your home theater room.
- Wireless Rear Speakers – Combine this AV receiver with the MusicCast 50 or two MusicCast 20 wireless streaming speakers and enjoy MusicCast Surround, creating a 5.1-channel home theater with wireless surround sound. What’s more, you get stunningly realistic sound with a clean, clutter-free setup. Easily turn your living room into a home theater where you can fully enjoy movies and music.
- SCENE Buttons with the Ability to Preset Songs and Stations – Easily program up to 8 different preset scenarios using 4 SCENE buttons. You can preset them for different inputs, as well as a sound field program, Music Enhancer, HDMI output and more. The inputs can be set to specific sources, such as an FM or Internet radio station, a station on a streaming service, a USB device or a song on a PC or NAS (Network-attached Storage). Once you’ve set the buttons, simply press one on the main unit or the remote control to power on the receiver and hear your desired music. The buttons can be re-set at any time.
STREAMING, APPS AND MORE
- Stream it All – Explore a world of music with music streaming services built-in. Synchronizing your playlists and tracks from your smart phone or computer to the AV receiver, music streaming services make it easy to either listen to your favorites or discover new music.
- Multi-room Audio – MusicCast – Imagine sharing all the music you love throughout the home – no matter the format. From your favorite vinyl to AirPlay®, Bluetooth® to music streaming services and even sound from your TV, MusicCast has it covered. Additionally, all MusicCast products are designed with sound quality at the front of mind. High-res formats including Apple Lossless (ALAC) up to 96 kHz, WAV, FLAC and AIFF up to 384 kHz are supported.
- AirPlay 2 – Hey Siri. Play music in the kitchen and living room. AirPlay 2 adds the ability to stream Apple Music and other streaming services to multiple MusicCast devices throughout your home. Easily control it from your iPhone or iPad, link it with a HomePod, or simply utilize voice control and ask Siri for an assist.
- eARC – Unlock the full potential of your 4K content. Enhanced Audio Return Channel (also known as eARC) is the next generation of ARC – available in the industry-leading AV receivers from Yamaha. eARC delivers full-resolution, multi-channel audio formats such as Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD® through your existing HDMI connection, giving you the most realistic surround sound experience for immersing yourself in your favorite movies and moments.
- Zone 2 – Featuring Zone 2 compatible speaker terminals, this system can send the same (or even different) AV source playing in the main room for playback in another room. For example, if you have speakers installed in your bedroom, kitchen or patio, you can go to that other room and enjoy listening to the same or different main room content.
- Phono – This AV receiver provides dedicated phono input terminals, letting you connect a turntable and enjoy music from your vinyl collection.
- Channel – 7.2
- Rated Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) 150W (4 ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven) 100 W (8 ohms, 0.06% THD)
- High Slew Rate Amplifier Yes
- Standby Power Consumption (IR only) 0.1W
- Auto Power Standby Yes
- ECO mode Yes
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 435W x 171H x 377D mm
- With antenna up: 435W x 245H x 377D mm)
- Weight 9.8kg
- MusicCast Surround Yes
- HDMI Input/Output 7 / 1
- HDMI 4K120AB / 8KB support 3 / 1
- HDMI CEC Yes
- USB Input Yes
- Network Port Yes
- Wi-Fi Yes (2.4 / 5 GHz)
- AirPlay2 Yes
- Bluetooth Yes (SBC / AAC)
- Front Input USB
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Optical 1 / 0
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Coaxial 1 / 0
- Analog Audio Input/Output 4 / 0
- Phono Input Yes
- XLR Terminal N/A
- Component Video Input/Output N/A
- Composite Video Input/Output N/A
- Preout 2.2-ch
- Headphone Output 1