DescriptionView Owners Manual >> View Quick Start Guide >> View More Specifications >>
POWERFUL SOUND PROCESSING
- CINEMA DSP 3D –This unique Yamaha proprietary sound field creation technology was created by combining measured sound field data with digital signal processing. Yamaha collected sound field data from famous concert halls and music clubs around the world, utilizing its wealth of experience in the fields of concert hall design, public address and mixing. By digitizing this vast trove of information and incorporating it into dedicated LSI devices, it effectively reproduces the spaces of concert halls and music clubs in your home. Immerse yourself in the astounding realism of your movies and enter a world of profound theater sound.
- Music Enhancer – When music is encoded into a digitally compressed format like MP3, the frequency response suffers. The Yamaha Compressed Music Enhancer employs sophisticated digital signal processing using exclusive algorithms to restore what was lost, so the music always sounds the way it should.
- High Slew Rate Amplifier – Responds to rapid changes in input level for precise and stable signal transmission.
MOVIES AND GAMES LIKE NEVER BEFORE
- HDR and HDR10+* – HDR (High Dynamic Range) video provides incredible contrast, smooth tone and rich, bright colors—giving you full, high-definition enjoyment with an exceptionally realistic and natural picture quality. HDR10+ greatly improves dynamic range (the ratio of light to dark) of video content on a scene-by-scene (or even frame-by-frame) basis. Also, using frame-by-frame metadata, it improves the scene characteristics between bright and dark so that important detail can remain. This enables displays to reproduce images more realistically, adhering to the creator’s intent. * HDR10+ is available via a future firmware update
- 4K/60Hz, 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz* – Supports end-to-end 8K/4K resolutions and higher refresh rate solutions with a single upgraded cable for seamless integration within the HDMI eco-system. 8K delivers a super-immersive viewing experience with 2x the horizontal and vertical resolution of 4K, and 4 times as many pixels; and combined with 60Hz refresh rate enables smooth and sharp viewing of content with high-speed action. 4K/120Hz enables ultra-fast motion UHD images to be crisp and razor sharp; allowing sports, action movies, high-performance gaming and VR to benefit significantly. * 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz are available via a future firmware update
- Gaming-dedicated Functions (ALLM, VRR, QMS, QFT)* Enhanced media and gaming features ensure an added level of smooth and seamless motion and transitions for gaming, movies and video. They include: Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), which enables the ideal latency setting to automatically be set allowing for smooth, lag-free and uninterrupted viewing and interactivity; Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) reduces or eliminates lag, stutter and frame tearing for more fluid and detailed gameplay; Quick Media Switching (QMS) for movies and video eliminates the delay that can result in blank frames before content is displayed; and Quick Frame Transport (QFT), which reduces latency for smoother, no-lag gaming and real-time interactive virtual reality. * These features are available via a future firmware update
- Multiple HDMI Inputs support the latest technology* – Connect up to four 8K devices, including your latest HDMI technology devices and next-gen gaming consoles at the same time.
*These functions are available via future firmware update
SIMPLE TO SET UP, SIMPLE TO USE
- MusicCast App – Use your smartphone or tablet together with the MusicCast app to operate the AV receiver and change settings quickly and easily. The app offers the same functions as a remote control for all your MusicCast-compatible devices as well as full multi-room audio controls.
- AV Setup Guide App – No worries, no confusion. Use this special app to receive expert set up assistance for your AV receiver and source devices. It even guides you through various other settings such as speaker connections, TV and source device connections and power amplifier assignments
- Voice Control – Easily works with Alexa, Google Assistant and Siri (via Airplay 2), so your AV receiver is always at your command and your whole home can come alive. *A third party device is required to initiate voice commands
MADE FOR YOUR ROOM
- YPAO™ – YPAO (Yamaha Parametric room Acoustic Optimizer) analyses the room acoustics and your system, then precisely adjusts various audio parameters to provide the best sound for your room. Simply by placing the supplied microphone at your listening position and switching YPAO on, the system is automatically calibrated for optimum performance in your home theater room.
- Wireless Rear Speakers – Combine this AV receiver with the MusicCast 50 or two MusicCast 20 wireless streaming speakers and enjoy MusicCast Surround, creating a 5.1-channel home theater with wireless surround sound. What’s more, you get stunningly realistic sound with a clean, clutter-free setup. Easily turn your living room into a home theater where you can fully enjoy movies and music.
- SCENE Buttons with the Ability to Preset Songs and Stations – Easily program up to 4 different preset scenarios using 4 SCENE buttons. You can preset them for different inputs, as well as a sound field program, Music Enhancer, HDMI output and more. The inputs can be set to specific sources, such as an FM or Internet radio station, a station on a streaming service, a USB device or a song on a PC or NAS (Network-attached Storage). Once you’ve set the buttons, simply press one on the main unit or the remote control to power on the receiver and hear your desired music. The buttons can be re-set at any time.
- Channel – 5.2
- Rated Output Power – (1kHz, 1ch driven) 115W (6 ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Rated Output Power – (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven) 80 W (8 ohms, 0.06% THD)
- High Slew Rate Amplifier – Yes
- Standby Power Consumption (IR only) – 0.1W
- Dimensions – (W x H x D) 435W x 171H x 377D mm / With antenna up: 435W x 245H x 377D mm
- MusicCast Surround – Yes
- HDMI Input/Output – 4 / 1
- HDMI 8K/60Hz support – 4 / 1
- HDMI CEC – Yes
- USB Input – Yes
- Network Port – Yes
- Wi-Fi – Yes (2.4 / 5 GHz)
- AirPlay2 – Yes
- Bluetooth – Yes (SBC / AAC)
- Front Input – USB
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Optical – 1 / 0
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Coaxial – 1 / 0
- Analog Audio Input/Output – 3 / 0
- Phono Input – N/A
- Component Video Input/Output – N/A
- Composite Video Input/Output – N/A
- Preout – 0.2-ch (Mono Sub woofer x 2)
- Headphone Output – 1