Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4K HDR SXRD™ Laser Projector
With the Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4K HDR SXRD™ Laser Projector in your home you can immerse yourself in an incredibly lifelike picture with native 4K resolution of 8.3 million pixels (3,840 x 2,160). Thanks to the all-new 0.61-inch SXRD panel, you’ll enjoy high brightness, inky blacks, vibrant colours, rich tones and textures, plus clear cinematic motion and image smoothness.
Discover brighter, bolder entertainment
Savour the action with up to 2,000 lumens of high brightness, generated by a long-lasting laser light source for vibrant images, even on large screens.
All-new native 4K SXRD™ panel
Immerse yourself in an incredibly lifelike picture with native 4K resolution of 8.3 million pixels (3,840 x 2,160). Thanks to the all-new 0.61-inch SXRD panel, you’ll enjoy high brightness, inky blacks, vibrant colours, rich tones and textures, plus clear cinematic motion and image smoothness.
All-new Wide Dynamic Range Optics
Our new Wide Dynamic Range Optics contribute to the compact design of the VPL-XW5000ES, with improved light control by maximising the potential of the laser light source. The resulting higher colour volume assures naturally colourful images and stunning contrast, even at high brightness levels.
Flagship-level X1™ Ultimate for projector processor
Our X1™ Ultimate for projector processor draws on Sony’s acclaimed BRAVIA TV video technologies, harnessing advanced data processing for real-time optimisation of individual on-screen objects. You’ll be rewarded with stunning HDR images with textures, colours, contrast and realism unattainable with previous home cinema projectors.
- Object-based HDR Remaster – Analyses colours of individual objects and adjusts contrast for greater depth and texture.
- Dynamic HDR Enhancer – Enhances contrast in combination with laser output control for bright, beautiful 4K HDR images.
- Object-based Super Resolution – Detects and enhances individual objects for exceptional image detail.
- Dual Database Processing – One powerful image enhancement databases reduces on-screen noise, while the other upscales resolution.
- Digital Focus Optimiser – Analyses every pixel to boost sharpness, even in image corners.
Even more true-to-life colours
See more than a billion colours come to life. Sony’s unique TRILUMINOS PRO algorithm detects colour from saturation, hue and brightness to ensure reproduction of natural shades in every detail. You’ll see the difference with colours that are closer to those experienced in the real world.
No colour off limits
The VPL-XW5000ES effortlessly reproduces an exceptionally wide colour gamut, covering a huge 95% of the cinema-standard DCI-P3 colour space.
Ultimate big-screen cinematic experience
The VPL-XW5000ES is compatible with IMAX Enhanced content, letting you enjoy breathtaking IMAX visuals with compatible content. Take advantage of the size of your projector screen with movies that become even more immersive with IMAX Enhanced.
Compact, effortlessly stylish design to flatter every home
World’s most compact native 4K HDR laser projector*. Blending effortlessly into today’s living spaces, the beautifully styled VPL-XW5000ES is the world’s most compact native 4K HDR laser projector*. We’ve designed the VPL-XW5000ES to be even smaller and lighter than its predecessors by developing the all-new native 4K SXRD panel and compact Wide Dynamic Range Optics. The projector is about 30% smaller in volume and about 35% lighter than the VPL-VW790ES, delivering the same high brightness. *As of April 2022, according to research by Sony Corporation in the native 4K projectors market.
The smart projector that’s engineered to last
- The smarter home cinema partner – The VPL-XW5000ES integrates seamlessly with today’s home automation systems. Support for Control4, Crestron, Savant and AMX lets you enjoy a smarter, more convenient entertainment experience.
- Enduring brightness – With the VPL-XW5000ES you’ll never have to worry about changing projector lamps. The ultra-pure laser light source requires virtually no maintenance, letting you enjoy perfectly clear 4K pictures at optimal brightness for up to 20,000 uninterrupted hours.
Focused on everyone’s brighter future
Sustainable performance. The VPL-XW5000ES not only performs brilliantly. It’s also kinder on the planet, with a mercury-free laser light source and reduced energy consumption per lumen compared with previous models. We’ve reduced the amount of virgin plastic used for the main body by more than 25% and the packaging materials by more than 15% compared to the VPL-VW790ES.
- Smooth, fluid on-screen motion – Ideal for action movies and sports, 4K Motionflow™ inserts additional frames to reduce on-screen blur for smoother, clearer motion. Cinema purists can choose True Theatre mode to stay faithful to the original 24 fps frame rate.
- Matches your fastest responses – Great for gamers, Input Lag Reduction dramatically cuts delays before images are displayed on screen. You’ll stay ahead of the competition with super-fast response times for even more thrilling gaming action. The VPL-XW5000ES supports 4K 60 Hz input signals with an input lag under 21 ms, and 2K 120 Hz input with an input lag under 13 ms.
- Always see the full picture – Anamorphic lens compatibility with 4K signals means you can can use your legacy anamorphic lenses, even when you’re watching 4K content. V-stretch for 4K ensures your favourite formats are displayed correctly.