Primacoustic FullTrap Broadband Bass Trap
The Primacoustic FullTrap Broadband Bass Trap essentially acts like a huge microphone, capturing bass by vibrating where the low frequencies are most prominent. As room modes combine, they either reinforce certain frequencies or cancel them out. The FullTrap’s limp-mass structure naturally migrates to the most powerful frequencies where it quietly resonates to remove excess bass and subsequent modal frequencies.
Available in black, beige or grey, the FullTrap ships flat and assembles in minutes using standard household tools. The FullTrap is the perfect solution for bass trapping in rooms where corner mounting is not an option due to windows, doors, or other obstacles. The FullTrap can also be used to reinforce other traps when a room demands additional bass control. When combined with Primacoustic Broadway panels and diffusers, one can turn virtually any room into a well-balanced acoustic space.
- High Performance wall mount bass trap
- Suspended diaphragm absorbs bass below 50Hz
- High density front absorber controls highs & mids
- Ideal for small rooms where modes cause problems
The Primacoustic FullTrap is a combination full range absorber and diaphragmatic resonator designed to control all frequencies right down to the deepest bass.
This is achieved by combining a full-size high density glass wool panel (F) with a closed air space behind (B) created by the wood frame (A) to absorb sound down to 100Hz. Lower frequencies pass through the front face and then cause the internal diaphragm (D) to resonate. The greater energy contained in low frequencies causes the limp-mass diaphragm to naturally migrate to the frequencies where room resonance is most prominent, thereby reducing modal distortion.
Made from easy to clean black melamine coated MDF wood composite (A), the FullTrap ships flat in kit form to save freight costs and assembles in about fifteen minutes using standard household tools. Once together, the device is wall mounted using the supplied French cleats.
The FullTrap may be ordered in a choice of black, grey or beige to suit most color schemes.
- Frame Material: Black melamine laminated MDF
- Dimensions: 24” (610mm) x 48” (1219mm) x 8” (203mm)
- Panel Material: Formed, semirigid inorganic glass fibers; Density 6.0 lbs. pcf. (96 kg/m3)
- Fabric Facing: Acoustically transparent polyester
- Diaphragmatic Membrane: Loaded vinyl, 1.0 lbs. per square foot (4.88 Kg/m2)
- Fabric Color Codes: Black=00, Beige=03, Grey=08
- Mounting Hardware: Wall mounting cleat, wood screws and drywall anchors included.