THE GREAT AMERICAN SPEAKER COMPANY
Our founder, Paul W. Klipsch, was an engineer, inventor, madman and certified genius. He spent his life trying to bring the world better sound. Since 1946, we have carried on our founder’s passion for delivering the best home audio experience possible.
You’re not buying a speaker – you’re buying a piece of American audio history built on more than 70 years of badass acoustic technology.
NEW TRICKS – BETTER SOUND
It’s been said you cannot improve on perfection. Not true.
Klipsch engineers have continued to carry on the groundbreaking vision of company founder Paul W. Klipsch’s unique approach to acoustic performance with upgrades to the Heritage Cornwall IV Floorstanding Speaker.
HEAR AND SEE THE DIFFERENCE – WHAT’S NEW?
Inside, the Cornwall IV features a new, mid-frequency driver and a new midrange Tractrix™ horn for improved better clarity and detail, as well as new ports for expanded clarity and deeper bass.
The outside of the Cornwall IV is a change from its predecessors as well. It features a new logo design scripted to match other Heritage products, a new matte black riser to give a floating appearance, and an updated brushed metal premium input panel.
BEST OF THE BEST
As the “largest of the compact” Heritage speakers, the Cornwall IV offers the highest performance of any non-fully horn-loaded speaker we make.
Only the legendary Klipschorn and La Scala (with their horn-loaded, low-frequency designs) exceed the Cornwall in bass extension and output.
Initially introduced in 1959, the Cornwall speaker was designed to serve as a larger, full-range alternative to the Heresy when used as a center channel speaker between two widely spaced Klipschorns.
Thus the Cornwall is likely to be the world’s second commercially produced center channel speaker.
The little town of Hope, Arkansas is the birthplace of the Klipsch Cornwall speaker. Assembled with handmade cabinets since 1959, we are proud to continue to build and assemble these hand-crafted speakers in Hope.
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE (+/- 4 dB) 34Hz – 20kHz
- SENSITIVITY1 102dB @ 2.83V / 1m
- POWER HANDLING (CONT/PEAK) 100W/400W
- MAXIMUM SPL 119dB Continuous
- NOMINAL IMPEDANCE 8 ohms Compatible
- CROSSOVER FREQUENCY HF: 5000Hz / MF: 700Hz
- HIGH FREQUENCY DRIVER K-107-TI 1” (2.54cm) Titanium diaphragm compression driver
- MIDRANGE K-702 1.75” (4.45cm) Polyimide diaphragm compression driver
- LOW FREQUENCY DRIVER K-33-E 15” (38.1cm) Fiber-composite cone woofer
- ENCLOSURE MATERIAL MDF with fine veneers
- INPUTS Dual binding posts / bi-wire / bi-amp
- HEIGHT 38” (96.52cm)
- WIDTH 25.3” (64.3cm)
- DEPTH 15.5” (39.4cm)WEIGHT 100lbs (45.35kg)
- FINISH Satin Black Ash, American Walnut, Natural Cherry