DescriptionView Product Brochure >> View Owners Manual >>
GoldenEar Technology is pleased to announce the introduction of a new ultra-high-performance compact bookshelf/stand-mount loudspeaker, the BRX. The goal of the BRX development project was to create a gorgeous, luxuriously finished, ultracompact loudspeaker which would incorporate the latest advanced technology developed for GoldenEar’s Triton Reference and Reference One.R, in order to achieve truly superb sonic performance typical of larger, much more expensive units.
The BRX was engineered to simply be the best sounding true bookshelf/standmount loudspeaker on the planet. It incorporates a 6″ cast-basket bass/midrange driver with a focused-field magnet structure. The cone is formed with a proprietary curve, from a special formulation of polypropylene, which combines superior internal damping with a high speed of wave transmission through the cone (Young’s Modulus).This is basically the same driver used in the award-winning Triton Reference tower. The tweeter is the same Reference High-Gauss High-Velocity Folded Ribbon used in both the Triton Reference and Triton One.R as well as the SPS. The two drivers are perfectly blended with a unique “balanced crossover” with a floating configuration that incorporates high quality film capacitors. New internal speaker wire, which has a unique twist as in the Triton Reference, is utilized. A pair of inertially balanced 6.5″ planar infrasonic radiators located on either side of the cabinet, acoustically load the active 6″ driver as well as couple the internal bass energy to the room for tight, quick, extended bass response. The beautifully styled 12″H x 8″W x 12.25″D cabinet is luxuriously finished in hand-rubbed piano black lacquer.
The BRX has been engineered to deliver superior reference level performance for both two channel as well as home theater systems of the highest quality, with extraordinary three-dimensional imaging and high-resolution clarity. It has been voiced to match the Reference towers, with a tremendous sense of you-are-there lifelike immediacy. Overall frequency response is 40-35 kHz, efficiency is 90 dB and recommended associated amplification is 10-250 watts/channel. Visit your nearest GoldenEar Technology dealer and experience the BRX soon.
Your ears will thank you!
- Dimensions: Speaker: 8″ (20.3 cm) W x 16-5/8″ (42.3 cm) D x 54″ (137.2 cm) H (is with base installed, no spikes)
- Base: 12-3/8″ (31.4 cm) W x 19-13/16″ (50.3 cm) D
- Frequency Response: 13 Hz – 35 kHz.
- Efficiency: 92 dB.
- Nominal Impedance: Compatible with 8 ohms.
- Driver Complement: Three 5″x9″ long-throw subwoofers coupled to Four 7″x10″ quadratic planar infrasonic radiators, Two 5-1/4″ high-definition cast-basket mid/bass drivers, One High-Gauss Neodymium HighVelocity Folded Ribbon (HVFR) Tweeter.
- Rec. Amp: 20 – 650 Watt/channel.
- Built-In Subwoofer Power Amplifier: 1600-Watt SuperSub Subwoofer digital/DSP amplifier.