AWARD – VICTOR
“GigaWatt PC-3 SE EVO+ is now filed in my privy book as the best I’ve heard. The audio web portal: HiFi Knights has posted a great review of our GigaWatt PC-3SE EVO+ conditioner. This time, the device was honored with the Victor award. “If you’re after top tier hardware of the sort, please know that GigaWatt PC-3 SE EVO+ is now filed in my privy book as the best I’ve heard to date and the one to beat, simply put victorious. ‘Till next time!”
REVIEW – HIFI CHOICE – Arkadiusz Ogrodnik
“…we do not deal with a run-of-the-mill unit here. Inside we did not find any lead pellets, only technological advancement and high quality passive filters. After long time of burning-in of the splinter new conditioner, we have started the listening sessions. PC-3 was used to power the whole home cinema installation, including the LCD screen. We are convinced, that the GigaWatt does its job well. When we disconnected the audio gear from it, and plugged it back to the wall sockets, we felt slight discomfort, that grew on us in time. The sound with the conditioner gained on directness and cleanness, became less nervous and more balanced. On the LCD screen we noticed more stable and fluent picture and much better sharpness and vivid colors. PC-3 has a positive influence on all AV systems. It clearly betters their performance.”
All internal elements of the conditioner were enclosed in a rigid, steel-aluminium chassis, supported on anti-vibration feet made from solid, anodised aluminium, with a layer of proprietary elastomer 3.5mm thick.
The front panel of the conditioner is made from a thick slab of aviation grade aluminium. Its surface is brushed, after precision milling, and then anodised black or silver.
The PC-3 EVO+ has six, high quality proprietary GigaWatt power sockets, with large surface contacts. The brass contacts of the sockets were subdued to the process of technical silver plating without usage of intermediate metals, like copper or nickel, which could introduce an unfavourable serial resistance and a voltage loss. The increased surface of the contacts and the thick layer of silver guarantee good contact with the plug pins. The sockets were additionally cryogenically modified and demagnetised.
In the central part of the front, there is an LED display indicating the voltage of the input current. The precise voltmeter is very resistant to distortion and measurement errors caused by upper harmonics, at the same time not generating any interference, which would impair the quality of the power filtered by the conditioner.
The voltmeter display is red as standard, but is available in green, blue or white on demand.
The conditioner is also equipped with an additional circuit signalling wrong connection to the power grid. Its action is indicated by a red LED on the back of the unit, which signals wrong polarity of the device or faulty grounding.
The conditioner PC-3 EVO+ is equipped with multistage parallel filters. Three, independent filtering branches, which supply three sections, composed of two output sockets each. Due to this solution the kind of filtering was adjusted for the load it has, different for each type of devices – digital, analog or high current devices. Autonomous passive filters allow for isolation from interference produced by the devices connected together via a shared power line.
The PC-3 EVO+ is based on a novel filtering architecture and uses new components. The main novelty are the anti-interference capacitors and the compensation batteries for the buffering circuits, which are manufactured by the company Miflex, according to GigaWatt specification.
In the PC-3 EVO+ an innovative, two-stage current distribution system is used, a proprietary design of our company. It is based on massive third generation distribution rails, made from polished slabs of oxygen-free copper OFHCC 10100 with 99.995% purity. The first stage allows for lossless and even distribution of voltage to each of the filtering branches. The second stage provides current directly to each pair of output sockets via bolted and clamped connections as well as cabling with conductors with 4 QMM cross-section made from oxygen-free copper isolated with FEP Teflon. The star connection topology and high conductance combined with the 30 QMM cross-section of each of the rails allow for a uniform and stable power distribution regardless of the load on the individual outputs of the conditioner.
Due to the improved efficiency of the filtering circuits, they were mounted using silver solder on massive PCBs having eight times the amount of copper compared to standard PCBs. The dual layer PCBs have very wide traces made from silver plated copper, with a thickness of 280 micrometers. The interference is damped by filtering blocs of RLC type, built around proprietary Audio Grade capacitors and Super-MSS (Sendust) core filters.
In the conditioner there are no traditional protective elements, like thermal or blow fuses, which throttled the free flow of the current have a negative influence on the sound. The surge protection of the conditioner is provided by the starting block, which utilises plasma spark-gaps, UltraMOV new generation varistors and an initial filter. All those elements working together with a well-made, contemporary power grid, guarantee a complex protection against surges and over-current.
To allow for the maximum impulse response, the PC-3 EVO+ is equipped with a double buffer circuit with Audio Grade compensation batteries, a proprietary design. The circuit increases the current output with non-linear loads, like power amplifiers, as well as eliminates the difference of power between the input and output of the conditioner. This allows for almost unlimited impulse capabilities, unheard of in other passive conditioners and not reachable for active conditioners. The impulse capabilities of the PC-3 EVO+ surpass even the values of clean power line without any devices connected to it.
- DC Offset Blocker – the conditioner can be equipped with a circuit eliminating unwanted DC component of the power grid. This DC component is a very deteriorating phenomenon, which exists in almost all power grids. It results in the sinus wave of the alternating current become non-symmetrical (non-sinusoidal) and has negative impact on all devices using transformers. It causes the cores to become magnetised, what increases their noise, diminishes the efficiency of power supplies and lower sound quality as a result of those. The DC blocker allows to eliminate this phenomenon effectively, without causing any compression or any other negative influence on the sound.
- Rolling-Ball Isolation System feet – The PC-2 EVO+ can be equipped with a new kind of feet with a mechanism called Rolling-Ball Isolation System. This is an anti-vibration system comprised of two parts (external and internal) made from solid aluminium, with two runs with balls between them. The setup is to minimise the points of contact between the feet, and then the chassis of the conditioner and the rack, what in consequence translates into a significant reduction of mechanical vibration, which negatively impacts the internal elements of the conditioner, what in turn degrades its sound. Another isolation element, on which the whole construction is placed, is a proprietary elastomer, 5mm thick.
- White LED Voltmeter display. Besides three basic display colours a white version is available at extra cost.
Voltmeter display off switch. It allows to switch of the display completely.
Power cables – higher models. The PC-3 EVO+ is equipped as standard with the power cord LC2 EVO 1.5m length w NZ plug. To maximise the potential of the conditioner we recommend the use of the power cord LC3-EVO+.
- Output power sockets in a different standard. The PC-4 EVO+ is equipped with the G-040 Schuko power sockets used in most European countries. To protect your children, those sockets can be equipped with automatic anti-surge protection (improved protection conform with VDE 0620). Also available are versions with sockets in other standards like: NEMA 5-20R, used in North America and some Asian countries, or AS/NZS 3112 used in Australia.
All GigaWatt products are covered by an insurance policy for the connected equipment, with a total insurance value of 1000000 PLN. The insurance does not apply to the United States and Canada.
- Available socket types: Standard- 6x AU (AS/NZS 3112) – EU (Schuko), US (Nema 5-20R) avaibale on request,
- Power Cord: LC2
- Line voltage: 220-240 VAC 50/60 Hz or 110-120 VAC 50/60 Hz
- Maximum output power: 3,680 W
- Maximum current load: 16 A
- Absorbed impulse current: 20,000 A
- Dimensions (W xH xD): 440 x 115 x 400 mm
- Gross weight: 15.8 kg