INTRODUCING NEW MODEL F502SP (Special Production)
The F502SP brings much of the driver, crossover and bass-tuning expertise from the F700 series into the more compact and affordable F500 series cabinet design. Building on the award winning F502, the SP uses a 200mm (8”) IsoFlareTM driver and 200mm (8”) bass/mid driver derived from the F702. The high-tech IsoFlare unit features a rigid multi-fibre cone with FyneFluteTM roll surround and the F702’s 25mm magnesium diaphragm compression tweeter with unique HF wave guide pole piece. The result is an incredibly even, full-range frequency response with true point-source isotropic radiation for outstanding musical imaging.
Further improving the standard F502’s BassTrax porting system, the F502SP benefits from the full aluminium sandwich plinth and conical Tractrix profile bass diffuser developed for the premium F700 series. Re-engineered to precisely tune the F502SP cabinet, the plinth provides unrivalled solidity and easy levelling, while allowing the BassTrax diffuser to create a true 360 degree LF wavefront for unrivalled bass integration in any room.
Merging the F702 technology into the F502 cabinet also demanded an exclusive crossover. Influenced by many of the component choices from the F700 series the F502SP delivers a loudspeaker of outstanding performance and unrivalled value.
To celebrate this unique UK built loudspeaker, a new finish option and unique driver trim set the F502SP apart from Fyne’s standard F502. The SP is available in high-gloss black and high gloss white as standard, or in a new, luxurious deep gloss lacquered walnut veneer. All finishes feature a diamond cut finish on an aluminium driver chassis.
- System Type 2 1⁄2 way, downwards firing port, with BassTraxTM Tractrix diffuser*, twin cavity loading system
- Recommended amplifier 30w – 200w
- Continuous power 100 handling (Watt RMS)
- Peak power handling 400 (Watt RMS)
- Sensitivity (2.83 Volt @ 1m) 92dB
- Nominal impedance 8 Ohm
- Frequency response 30Hz- 34kHz (-6dB typical in room)
- Drive unit complement 1 x 200mm IsoFlareTM point source driver, multi-fibre bass/ midrange cone, FyneFluteTM surround with 25mm magnesium dome compression tweeter, neodymium magnet system
- 1 x 200mm multi-fibre bass/ midrange cone, FyneFluteTM surround
- Crossover frequency 250Hz & 1.7kHz
- Crossover type Bi-wired passive low loss, 2nd order low pass, 1st order high pass
- Cabinet construction High density fibre board with extensive internal bracing
- Dimensions – HxWxD 1110 x 338 x 380mm incl. plinth, terminals & grille
- Finishes Piano Gloss Walnut / Piano Gloss Black / Piano Gloss White