High definition tweeter
The lightweight Sonomex fabric dome allows a smooth and extended frequency response, while the wide surround combines the low frequency response of a 1″ dome with the high frequency dispersion of a ¾” dome.
Low distortion woofers
The mid/bass woofers have a lightweight copper clad aluminium wire (CCAW) voice coil that allows low distortion and excellent transient response, while the coated paper cone gives an extended frequency response with a controlled roll off.
The MTM driver configuration, pioneered by D’Appolito to correct lobe tilting inherent in conventional mid-tweeter configurations, controls vertical sound dispersion – greatly reducing ceiling and floor reflections, providing a sound that is accurate and engaging.
Solid aluminium baffle
The 12mm thick machined aluminium baffle provides excellent mechanical stability that ensures accurate driver placement and controls unwanted resonances. The result is a sound that is extremely dynamic with crystalline clarity and detail.
The linearity and low distortion of the low-loss air core inductors, along with the low inductance and linear impedance characteristics of the audiophile-grade polypropylene capacitors, allows a clean signal path with very low losses – providing a vivid sound with a high level of detail and purity.
Each cabinet is meticulously crafted and lovingly finished by hand to create truly beautiful speakers. Your choice of three luxurious real wood veneers and two painted colours ensures the speakers will complement your living room.
- Speaker System: 2-way floorstanding MTM vented loudspeaker
- Tweeter: 22mm (¾”) high definition Sonomex dome
- Woofers: 2 x 130mm (5″) long-throw coated paper cone
- Frequency Range: 33Hz–30kHz, at -6.0dB
- Frequency Response: 45Hz–20kHz, at ±2.5dB
- Crossover Frequency: 2650Hz
- Impedance: 4Ω nominal, according to IEC 268-5 / 3.2Ω minimum
- Sensitivity:93dB SPL, at 2.83V/1m / 90dB SPL, at 1W/1m
- Power Handling: 120W long term, according to IEC 268-5 / 250W short term, according to IEC 268-5
- Suggested Amplifier Power: 25W–150W, without clipping
- Cabinet Dimensions
Width: 160mm (6.3″)
Depth: 315mm (12.4″)
Height: 1040mm (40.9″)
- Overall Dimensions
Width: 230mm (9.1″), including feet
Depth: 340mm (13.4″), including terminals
Height: 1065mm (41.9″), including feet and spikes
Walnut, real wood veneer
Rimu, real wood veneer
Mahogany, real wood veneer
Satin white, painted finish
Satin black, painted finish