Extraordinary High-Performance Speakers that Virtually Disappear in Your Room!
- Stereo loudspeaker with dual voice coil bass/midrange driver and dual tweeters is the perefect solution for hallways, kitchens, baths and commercial installations
- Flangeless design & micro-perf grille minimizes visibility
- Simple to install — no spackle work required
- 8-5/16″ (21.04 cm) total diameter is about the same as competing 5-1/4″ models
- Latest generation BDSS drivers for audiophile-grade sound quality
- Pivoting Pure Aluminum dome tweeters
- Axially Aligned design ensures broad, balanced coverage area
- GaussGrip(TM) magnetic grille fasteners
- Adjustable high-definition crossover
- Optional fire-rated enclosures
- Cast PolyStone(TM) baskets for rigidity without “ringing”
The DI 6.5STR is a “stereo” speaker, both left and right channels are fed into a single speaker. Dual angled tweeters disperse the sound in broad area to approximate the spaciousness of two speakers. The STR is the perfect solution in spaces where you want sound but where using two speakers is not practical or economical-such as hallways, kitchens, bathrooms and offices.
Definitive’s Disappearing™ In-Wall series speakers feature near-invisibility thanks to their small diameters, hidden flange design, and low profile micro-perf grilles. They are as easy to install as traditional flanged flush-mount speakers, and don’t require custom sheetrock/spackle skills to install yet they are practically invisible. The DI 6.5STR grille is a mere 8-5/16″ (21.04 cm)in diameter, about the same visible size as competitive 5-1/4″ in-ceiling speaker. With Definitive’s DI Series you get more sound per square inch of visible speaker.
The Disappearing In-Wall models feature Definitive’s most advanced technologies such asBalanced Dual Surround System (BDSS) mid/woofer drivers and pivoting Pure Aluminum dome tweeters for spectacular audio performance far beyond traditional flush-mount speakers.
Definitive’s patented BDSS driver technology permits the DI series flush mount speakers to deliver more bass output and dynamic range than larger drivers. For example, the DI 6.5R’s 6-1/2″ driver has the output, bass and dynamics of a 8″ traditional speaker.
With a pivoting 1″ Pure Aluminum dome tweeter featuring a specially shaped housing that avoids the diffraction distortions of traditional post-mounted tweeters, and a sophisticated adjustable crossover network.
Everything You Need for Installation
Optional pre-construction “rough-in” brackets with repositionable metal mesh “arms” are available for new home construction projects. Fire-rated pre-construction enclosures will be available as options, allowing integrators, architects and designers to specify Disappearing In-Wall Speakers in multi-family and commercial applications.