An unrelenting passion for breathtaking bass performance and engineering perfection guided every aspect of the PB16-Ultra subwoofer’s development. Groundbreaking technology, rigorous design and extreme testing in real world and laboratory environments allowed SVS to achieve unmatched low frequency extension and output capabilities all while keeping it amazingly detailed and articulate. The culmination of all SVS design advancements, PB16-Ultra represents an incomparable bass experience, nothing else comes close.
The new 16-Ultra Series are the biggest and most powerful SVS subwoofers ever built and the culmination of all SVS engineering advancements, but that’s only part of the story.SVS designed a completely new driver, amplifier and cabinet, scrutinized every design element and pioneered 3 game-changing subwoofer innovations to achieve unprecedented output levels, extreme low frequency extension, near-perfect frequency response accuracy, and pinpoint transient response.
One of these innovations would’ve made the 16-Ultra Series an engineering tour-de-force, but the combination of 3 subwoofer firsts and all new driver, amplifier and control platforms propel the SB16-Ultra and PB16-Ultra into the pantheon of all-time great audio products.
Masterful Engineering. 3 Game-Changing Innovations.
Massive All New 16” Ultra Driver With Unprecedented 8” Edge Wound Voice Coil.
Pushing the driver are four massive, dedicated toroidal ferrite magnets that unleash a staggering 95mm peak to peak excursion and the highest levels of motor force and palpable SPLs. The light and rigid 16” Ultra driver cone consists of a premium fiberglass resin composite with optimal stiffness to mass ratio to maximize movement of air and sonic energy without ever distorting or losing control.
Conservatively rated at 1,500 watts continuous, 5,000+ watts peak power, the PB16-Ultra Sledge STA-1500D amplifier’s 64 Amp 200-Volt MOSFETs are the sonic muscle behind arguably the most powerful and highest fidelity subwoofer amplifier ever developed. Discrete MOSFET output unbridles the nearly limitless power in the Sledge amplifier and pushes the 16” driver to extreme levels of performance. They also represent an upgrade over the less robust integrated circuit output stages found in nearly all other Class D subwoofer amplifiers.
Effortless power must be harnessed to ensure refined behavior and pristine output at the most demanding drive levels. To achieve this, the PB16-Ultra subwoofer uses the audio industry’s most advanced 50 MHz Analog Devices Audio DSP with 56bit filtering to handle the nearly limitless power, only unleashing the perfect amount of low frequency energy at just the right time.
Groundbreaking New Subwoofer Control And Bass Management Smartphone App For Apple® And Android® Devices.
Compatible with Apple® and Android® platforms, the innovative PB16-Ultra smartphone app unleashes the full depth, force and nuance of the world’s finest subwoofer. The groundbreaking SVS subwoofer app controls all DSP functions and conveniently stores custom presets. It’s the easiest way ever to fine tune bass surpassing 16Hz at reference volumes from the comfort of your favorite seat.
For added convenience, 2-way feedback shows updates in real time on both the app and subwoofer interface and Bluetooth connectivity allows adjustments to be made even when the subwoofer is not in sight. Control is also available via IR remote and an intuitive front panel display.
ACOUSTICALLY INERT, RIGIDLY BRACED CABINET
A subwoofer capable of creating such extreme levels of sonic energy requires a formidable cabinet design. The PB16-Ultra is built with a double thick MDF front baffle and rigid internal bracing to support the massive drive unit and to ensure an acoustically inert environment. The highly reinforced internal design eliminates any chance of coloration or resonance from the cabinet, even when the deepest low frequencies are played at reference sound pressure levels.
AMPLIFIER 1,500 watts RMS (5,000+ watts peak)
15-280 Hz +/- 3 dB (standard mode – all ports open)
13-280 Hz +/- 3 dB (extended mode – 2 ports open)
14-360 Hz +/- 3 dB (sealed mode – all ports sealed)
- Black Oak and Piano Gloss Black finish options
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille
- Front-firing 16" driver
- Rear-mounted amplifier
- Triple front-firing flared high-flow ports
- Screw-in rubber feet
- Robust Medium Density Fiberboard(MDF) cabinet construction
- Cabinet Dimensions (w/ grill): 63.5cm H X 55cm W X 78.5cm D
- Shipped Dimensions: 87cm H X 70 W X 98 D
- Weight (unboxed): 79kg
- Shipped Weight: 94kg
- SVS 16” Ultra-series driver
- Powder-coated cast aluminum basket
- Four high-grade ferrite magnets
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)-optimized motor structure
- Dual shorting rings reduce gap induction and lower distortion
- Extended pole piece improves heat sink and thermal management properties
- 8” diameter, high-power edge wound voice coil
- Upgraded Nomex spider for improved linearity and driver control at extreme drive levels
- Dual 24-strand copper and Nomex composite high-temperature leads provide a pristine electrical connection from the amplifier to the voice coil
- Premium glass fiber laminated dustcap and reinforced composite cone sub-structure ensure a light, ridged, and neutral radiating surface
- Low-creep rubber long-throw surround for excellent durability and longevity
- Sledge STA-1500D DSP amplifier
- 1,500 watts RMS continuous (5,000+ watts peak dynamic)
- Efficient and cool-running Class D topology
- High resolution 50Mhz Analog Devices Audio DSP with double precision 56bit filtering is most advanced subwoofer processor available for perfect audio reproduction
- Active PFC (Power Factor Correction) ensures the cleanest 1500W output regardless of your home mains supply
- XLR and RCA stereo input/output with ultra-wide input voltage for consumer and professional audio applications
- Convenient front-mounted display with subwoofer controls and 8 digit LED display
- Groundbreaking Subwoofer Control and Bass Management Smartphone App for Apple and Android Devices
- IR Remote Control
- Three user adjustable parametric EQs
- Continuously variable volume/gain control
- Continuously variable (0-180 degrees) phase control
- Continuously variable (30-200 Hz) 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/octave low pass filter frequency with disable/LFE setting
- Main power rocker switch
- Auto-On / On / Trigger Controls
- 3-12V trigger with 1/8” (3.5 mm) TRS mini-jack input
- Green standby mode with > 0.5 watts consumption
- Input impedance 22kohm (RCA)/ 22kohm (XLR).
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications
- Detachable power cord
Customer Reviews (1)
- SVS has taken clean deep bass to another level from their previous efforts, and those who looking for high-output, low distortion, deep-frequency bass from an upscale cabinet have a terrific new option to choose from. Review by Audioholics
Massive deep bass output
Extremely low distortion
Very nice finish and cabinet
Highly adjustable frequency response
Impervious to over-driving
Very good customer service
Mid bass dynamic range not as powerful as deep bass
Read full review here:
http://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer-reviews/svs-pb16-ultra-subwoofer (Posted on 9/03/2017)
Write Your Own Review
Why buy from us?
Why buy from us?
Rapallo is an independently owned New Zealand company and with more than 12 years experience, we offer you both technical expertise and superior service.
Rapallo is fully authorized to sell products by all of the manufacturers listed on our website and in our store. In most cases we are more than a reseller, we are a direct dealer who also receives training and where possible we personally test products we sell.
Authorized dealers like us offer peace of mind. Rapallo:
- Meets manufacturer's standards, from sales to service, in order to receive authorized status.
- Often receives training directly from manufacturer representatives and shares that expertise with you.
- Provides support for all the products they sell.
- Ensures that manufacturer warranties will be honoured.
- Buys directly from big brand manufacturers and guarantee you buy NZ new, (NO GREY IMPORTS OR PARALLEL IMPORTS).
The Internet is an incredibly convenient information source and a wonderful way to find savings on the products you want. Protect yourself online by buying from authorized dealers, with genuine feedback and reputations.
A price too good to be true, usually is.
If you've ever searched for a product on a shopping engine (such as Priceme/Pricespy) you may have asked yourself, "Why are some stores charging so much less than other stores?"
Our customers often share these stories with us, so we thought we would share a few with you, in hopes that you don't fall prey to any of these unscrupulous sales tactics.
- Goods may be grey market/parallel imported. They may state that the product includes the manufacturer warranty, but not tell you that the warranty is valid only in Europe, Japan, or South America, and NOT in NZ.
- You may be asked to buy an expensive extended warranty. In many cases if you do not purchase the warranty, your purchase will be denied. (The product is now out of stock, your card does not go through, etc.)
- Included parts may be sold to you separately. Some resellers will open boxes and charge extra for parts that are normally included by the manufacturer.
- Hidden charges which don't show up until your credit card statement arrives, these charges only show up when your credit card statement is sent to you.
- When something goes wrong, faulty, late delivery, doesn’t matter how many times you try to email, they don’t get back.
- There are so many scamming online sellers today, “buyer beware” protect yourself!
Think you have a better price? Call us for the best deal.
Call us 09 2744515
Concerned About Fraud?
The internet has become a more popular source for online shopping, regrettably we have seen more and more instances of fraud affecting online shoppers. Companies trading under many different names, loading warranties and charging for them as extras when often they are included from the manufacturer. Parallel imports or personal imports where the NZ supplier refuses to repair when things go wrong is often alarming to the unsuspecting purchaser. Inflated freight charges, customs and GST at the border are often forgotten as a buyer is tempted by a lower price. Constantly we hear all these stories, once bitten it’s all to late looking for that refund or replacement. The stories are outrageous at times, customers from Trademe and ebay with no place to turn, time consuming and very frustrating….
So how do you protect yourself from online fraud?
- Buy from an authorized reseller. If you are at all suspicious, contact the manufacturer directly and ask if a company is authorized to sell their products.
- Make sure you get a company invoice with GST clearly marked.
- Make sure you buy from someone who has a phone number and an address on their website, not a P.O.Box number
- Read customer feedback, you can usually tell if it's genuine or not.
We hope that you will become our next happy customer. And we promise to offer you superior service before, during and after your purchase.