SVS Prime Satellite 5.1
SVS Prime Satellite - Satellites Redefined: High-End Audio Gets Small
Arguably the most versatile speaker in the Prime family, the Prime Satellite is perfect for a wide variety of applications, including small multi-channel surround sound systems, PC-based 2.1 audio, bedroom AV systems, and even as Height and Wide presence speakers in 9.1 and 11.1 systems.
Specifically designed to perfectly match the voicing and timbre of both the Prime and Ultra speaker families, the Prime Satellite can be seamlessly integrated into any SVS speaker system – the possibilities are endless!
SB-1000: Impressive deep, clean SVS-bass in an inconspicuous 13" cabinet.
Like a stick of dynamite, the SB-1000 is easy to conceal—but its impact hard to ignore. It’s the most SVS-bass that can be condensed into a 13” package. Pumping out loads of fast, clean, bottom end—action-scene punches hit you right in the gut. When it’s time to party, your music comes to life—bass lines are tight and drum beats never muddy. Elegantly finished in premium black ash or gloss piano white, it fits with any décor. And yet, it’s small enough to tuck in a corner, if you need to keep it out of the way. To maximize the slam and impact of your home theater—with a minimal footprint—two SB-1000s can be paired—one on either side of your room. (Special discount available.) For big movie and music enjoyment, in a small package, go with the SB-1000.
- Cabinet Dimensions: 330mm x 330mm x 330mm | 13" (H) x 13" (W) x 13"(D).
- Overall Dimensions: 345mm x 330mm x 355mm | 13.6" (H) x 13" (W) x 14"(D) (includes feet, grille, amplifier).
- Weight (unboxed): 12.2kg | 27 pounds.
- Shipped Dimensions: 482mm x 457mm x 457mm | 19" (H) x 18" (W) x 18"(D).
- Shipped Weight: 15.4 kg | 34 pounds.
- Rigid and strong cabinet construction.
- Premium black ash and piano white finish options.
- Front-firing 12" driver.
- SVS 12” high-performance driver.
- FEA-optimized motor technology for low distortion.
- High-power voice coil for excellent thermal management.
- Long-throw suspension for high output at deep frequencies.
- Lightweight cone for enhanced sensitivity and transient response.
- Rubber surround for durability and long-life.
- Dual high-grade ferrite magnets.
- Vented pole piece for greater cooling and low noise.
- Sledge STA-300D with 300 watts RMS continuous power (720 watts peak dynamic power).
- Efficient and cool-running Class D topology.
- 300 watts (720 watts peak dynamic).
- Green standby mode with less than 0.5 watts consumption.
- Detachable power cord with main power switch.
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications.
- Auto-On / On switch.
- DSP control for accurate response and refined behavior under all operating conditions.
- Stereo line-level RCA Input & 80Hz High Pass Filtered Output connections.
- Stereo speaker level 5-way binding post input connections.
- Continuously variable low pass filter frequency with disable/LFE setting.
- Continuously variable volume and phase controls.
Prime Satellite Speaker Specifications
Loudspeaker Physical Description:
- Satellite Loudspeaker
- Black ash and piano gloss black finish options.
- 5-way binding posts.
- 1” wide-flared rear-firing port.
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system.
- Elastomer stick-on bumper feet (adds 3mm to height).
- Keyway bracket for easy and convenient wall mounting (includes extra bumper pads for wall stand-off).
- Cabinet Dimensions: 8.75" (H) X 4.9" (W) X 5.53" (D) | 222mm (H) x 124.5mm (H) x 140.5mm (D)
- Overall Dimensions: 8.85" (H) X 4.9" (W) X 6.3" (D) (includes grille, bracket, binding posts and bumper feet).
- Shipped Dimensions 2 Pack: 11.7" (H) X 13.9" (W) X 8.9" (D) | 297mm (H) x 353mm (W) x 226mm (D)
- Shipped Dimensions 3 Pack: 11.7" (H) X 20.3" (W) X 8.9" (D) | 297mm (H) x 515mm (W) x 226mm (D)
- Weight Unboxed: 6.5 pounds | 2.94 kg
- Shipped Weight 2 Pack: 14.7 pounds | 6.67 kg
- Shipped Weight 3 Pack: 21.7 pounds | 9.84 kg
Driver Array and Technical Highlights:
- 1" aluminum dome tweeter:
- FEA-optimized diffuser delivers airy and unveiled presentation.
- Aluminum dome for exceptional transient response.
- 4.5" woofer:
- Polypropylene cone for excellent stiffness/mass ratio and pistonic behavior.
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and enhance high frequency response.
- Cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket ensures precision component alignment and excellent thermal transfer.
- Vented voice coil former minimizes air compression artifacts.
SoundMatch Crossover Network:
- 2-way crossover with premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards.
- Crossover network delivers outstanding phase coherency and time domain behavior.
- Tweeter-to-woofer crossover: 2.3 kHz (12 dB/octave slopes).
Cabinet Construction Technical Highlights:
- Acoustically transparent and FEA optimized grilles minimize diffraction.
- Chamfered front baffle and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response.
- FEA-optimized cabinet and bracing eliminates resonances.
Frequency Response and Electro-Acoustic Data:
- Rated bandwidth: 69 Hz-25 kHz (+/-3 dB).
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms.
- Sensitivity: 85 dB (2.83V @ 1 meter full-space, 300-3kHz).
- Recommended amplifier power: 20-150 watts.
“The Prime Center is a three-way design. I was happy to hear that SVS went with this design choice as it addresses the off-axis issues that are common to the two-way design short-cuts manufacturers sometimes take to keep prices down. At this price point, its refreshing to see that SVS chose to go with a three-way design.”
The Poor Audiophile, Review, 10/16/2014. Read Review
| “SVS was showing a new line of more affordable Prime speakers, the three-way tower is a real contender in the mid-price category. The small bookshelf Prime looks really interesting.”
CNET, Review by Steve Guttenberg, 10/15/2014. Read Review
| “When you listen to $100k systems all day, it’s difficult to be really excited about $1k speakers. But let me tell you, these speakers, when listening in nearfield, are some of the best I’ve heard in the budget speaker category.”
TheAbsoluteSound.com, Review by Spencer Holbert, 10/14/2014. Read Review
“The flagship of the Prime line (shown here next to the larger Ultra Tower) is the Prime Tower, which costs $999/pair in matte black or $1199/pair in gloss black. It's a 3.5-way design; the bottom woofer is there only to help out with the low bass. In the demo it sounded incredibly smooth and neutral, especially for a $999/pair tower. Bookshelf models are also available.”
SoundstageGlobal.com, Review by Brent Butterworth, 10/12/2014. Read Review
What’s the differences between ported, sealed and cylinder subwoofers?
While the form factor is clearly different, the acoustic performance within each family is virtually identical because they share many of the same components. As such, considerations like aesthetic preference and whichever version will best blend into your décor should steer your decision. Also using the “Merlin” tool, will help you match up your existing speakers to your new sub.
Sealed boxes: For deep, precise bass
A sealed box is an airtight enclosure housing your subwoofer. A sealed box is best for any music and movies that demands tight, accurate bass that hits you in the chest. Expect flat response (not excessively boomy), deep bass extension, and excellent power handling. Each beat in a tight bass setup plays crisply, accurately, and with no ringing after it hits. The sealed air inside one of these enclosures acts like a shock absorber, smoothly modulating the subwoofer cone's back and forth motion, so all the notes get produced evenly. Sealed subs are generally more compact than ported subs and can often fit easier in some locations. What a sealed sub rarely does is roar, thunder, or boom. Sound quality buffs and purists will look to the sealed box because of its accuracy and flat frequency response.
Ported boxes: For forceful bass
Also called vented, or bass reflex, these boxes are larger and more complex to design, but the payoff is usually worth it. Ported boxes use a vent (called a port) to reinforce low bass response. You get more output than you would from a sealed box at any given amplifier wattage. Some people prefer the sound of ported boxes for rap, rock, heavy metal, hard-driving music or action movies with deep bass explosions. Ported boxes can deliver deeper bass than sealed boxes, though they need to be much larger than sealed enclosures to accomplish that so take up more floor space.
"…butter smooth and hard hitting at the same time……you will most definitely fall in love with it, like I did. Also for $499 you just can’t go wrong."
"This has to be one of the best bang-for-buck subwoofers in the market right now."
Audiofi.net, Review by Sujesh Pavithran, 11/3/2013. Read Review
"I found myself falling for this dinky overachiever...the SVS SB1000 is amazing for its size. When you look at this thing you almost can't help but laugh and think "That's a subwoofer?" Put in a blu-ray with a pounding soundtrack though and the laughter will stop, because it's probably going to leave you amazed."
Home Theater Shack, Review by Jim Wilson, 3/5/2013. Read Review
"... represents a stunning achievement that must have the competition shaking in their boots... What SVS Sound has done withh the SB-1000 is nothing short of amazing."
Digital Hippos, Review by Dustin Orgill, 3/1/2013. Read Review
"If you are looking for a subwoofer that provides a good balance of power output, low frequency response, installation convenience and price definitely give the SB-1000 consideration…with its easy-to-hide compact size, this subwoofer can make a great addition to your system…"
"Here's another power-packed speaker main unit that'll allow you to enjoy every tune that echoes from the system" Techshout, Best Subwoofer for Music, 2/1/2013. View Article.
Customer Reviews (2)
- There is no doubt that if the partnering act is right that the SVS can deliver a genuinely cinematic performance.Review by avforums
- The sleek, compact SVS Prime Satellite 5.1 System sounds tremendous with movies, thanks in large part to its potent subwoofer, but lacks warmth with music.Review by CNET
The SVS is a nicely styled, compact 5.1 system which offers great build quality. The 12-inch subwoofer puts out tight yet plentiful bass. The system's sound was characterized by excellent integration between all of the satellites and powerful punch on blockbuster soundtracks. (Posted on 3/10/2016)
Write Your Own Review
Why buy from us?
Why buy from us?
Rapallo is an independently owned New Zealand company and with more than 12 years experience, we offer you both technical expertise and superior service.
Rapallo is fully authorized to sell products by all of the manufacturers listed on our website and in our store. In most cases we are more than a reseller, we are a direct dealer who also receives training and where possible we personally test products we sell.
Authorized dealers like us offer peace of mind. Rapallo:
- Meets manufacturer's standards, from sales to service, in order to receive authorized status.
- Often receives training directly from manufacturer representatives and shares that expertise with you.
- Provides support for all the products they sell.
- Ensures that manufacturer warranties will be honoured.
- Buys directly from big brand manufacturers and guarantee you buy NZ new, (NO GREY IMPORTS OR PARALLEL IMPORTS).
The Internet is an incredibly convenient information source and a wonderful way to find savings on the products you want. Protect yourself online by buying from authorized dealers, with genuine feedback and reputations.
A price too good to be true, usually is.
If you've ever searched for a product on a shopping engine (such as Priceme/Pricespy) you may have asked yourself, "Why are some stores charging so much less than other stores?"
Our customers often share these stories with us, so we thought we would share a few with you, in hopes that you don't fall prey to any of these unscrupulous sales tactics.
- Goods may be grey market/parallel imported. They may state that the product includes the manufacturer warranty, but not tell you that the warranty is valid only in Europe, Japan, or South America, and NOT in NZ.
- You may be asked to buy an expensive extended warranty. In many cases if you do not purchase the warranty, your purchase will be denied. (The product is now out of stock, your card does not go through, etc.)
- Included parts may be sold to you separately. Some resellers will open boxes and charge extra for parts that are normally included by the manufacturer.
- Hidden charges which don't show up until your credit card statement arrives, these charges only show up when your credit card statement is sent to you.
- When something goes wrong, faulty, late delivery, doesn’t matter how many times you try to email, they don’t get back.
- There are so many scamming online sellers today, “buyer beware” protect yourself!
Think you have a better price? Call us for the best deal.
Call us 09 2744515
Concerned About Fraud?
The internet has become a more popular source for online shopping, regrettably we have seen more and more instances of fraud affecting online shoppers. Companies trading under many different names, loading warranties and charging for them as extras when often they are included from the manufacturer. Parallel imports or personal imports where the NZ supplier refuses to repair when things go wrong is often alarming to the unsuspecting purchaser. Inflated freight charges, customs and GST at the border are often forgotten as a buyer is tempted by a lower price. Constantly we hear all these stories, once bitten it’s all to late looking for that refund or replacement. The stories are outrageous at times, customers from Trademe and ebay with no place to turn, time consuming and very frustrating….
So how do you protect yourself from online fraud?
- Buy from an authorized reseller. If you are at all suspicious, contact the manufacturer directly and ask if a company is authorized to sell their products.
- Make sure you get a company invoice with GST clearly marked.
- Make sure you buy from someone who has a phone number and an address on their website, not a P.O.Box number
- Read customer feedback, you can usually tell if it's genuine or not.
We hope that you will become our next happy customer. And we promise to offer you superior service before, during and after your purchase.