FEATURES – Red Bull BC One Limited Edition
- Coreless Direct-Drive Motor Achieving Stable Rotation
- Diverse New Functions Adapt to Various Playing Styles
- High Sensitive Tonearm
- Stylus Illuminator Featuring a High-brightness and Long-life White LED
- Power / Phono Cable Terminals
- High-rigidity Cabinet and High-damping Insulator
View Owners Manual >>
Red Bull BC One Limited Edition includes:
- Red Head-shell with Red Bull BC One Logo on Top
- Yellow Gold S-shaped Tonearm
- Red Bull BC One Slip Mat
Red Bull BC One Limited Edition Special Accessories included:
- Red Bull BC One Slip Mat
- Two Control Vinyl Labels
Coreless Direct Drive Motor Achieving Stable Rotation
The direct drive system uses a slow-turning motor to directly drive the platter. This system has various advantages. It offers high performance, such as rotation accuracy and powerful torque, does not require replacement of parts and maintains high reliability over a long period of time. On the other hand, the direct drive system was said to produce a rotation irregularity called cogging. For the Red Bull BC One Limited Edition SL-1210MK7 Direct Drive Turntable, a new coreless direct drive motor was developed. This motor employs a coreless stator. The removal of the core (iron core) from the stator eliminated the root cause of cogging. Furthermore, the magnetic force of the rotor magnets was improved to the highest possible level, and the gap between the coreless stator and rotor magnets was optimised, thus achieving high-torque-performance equaling that of the SL-1210MK5. Boasting smooth rotation and powerful torque, this motor reproduces sound accurately and faithfully from the groove on an analogue record.
Diverse New Functions Adapt to Various Playing Styles
- Torque / Brake Speed Adjustment – The newest digital motor control technology, accumulated through the development of Blu-ray disc products, is applied to improve adjustment by allowing the torque and brake speed to be adjusted individually in four steps.
- The Pitch Control Function – The pitch control function allows fine adjustment of the rotation speed within ±8% / ±16%. It does this through digital control, from positional detection of the slider to rotational control of the motor, eliminating the unnecessary DA conversion. This greatly improves tracking performance to achieve accurate and stable pitch adjustment.
- Reverse Play Function – The reverse play function, which brings forth new possibilities of creative performance, makes its first appearance in the Red Bull BC One Limited Edition SL-1210MK7 Direct Drive Turntable Series. In addition to 33-1/3 rpm and 45 rpm, a rotation speed of 78 rpm is supported.
*The torque / brake speed adjustment, rotation speed switch, and reverse play can be adjusted by switches on the main unit.
High Sensitive Tonearm
The tonearm on the Red Bull BC One Limited Edition, which has continued to support the leading edge of the DJ scene for many years, inherits the highly reliable static-balance universal S-shape tonearm. Using high-precision bearings, it achieves a higher initial-motion sensitivity than the SL-1210MK6. This accurately tracks the groove on the phonorecord to assure excellent tracking performance with minimum stylus jumping even in harsh playing conditions such as scratching.
Stylus Illuminator Featuring a High-brightness and Long-life White LED
The stylus illuminator features a new push-type structure for intuitive operation, and employs a high-brightness and long-life white LED. The illumination area and intensity were reviewed to provide improved visibility of the stylus tip even in a dark environment.
Power / Phono Cable Terminals
The power and phono cable terminals allow detachment of the cables. The phono terminals are gold-plated to minimise sound quality degradation. Since the terminals allow disconnection of the cables, maintenance of the cables is easier.
High-rigidity Cabinet and High-damping Insulator
The chassis of the Red Bull BC One Limited Edition SL-1210MK7 Direct Drive Turntable is an essential part for reducing external vibrations, inherits the audio quality enhancement technology fostered through the development of high-end turntables. The aluminum die-cast chassis is rigidly integrated with a special material consisting of ABS mixed with glass fibre to achieve a two-layer construction. The combination of this special high-rigidity material and a metal chassis raised the rigidity and vibration-damping performance to higher levels, realising a robust cabinet for beautiful sound reproduction. The insulator is comprised of a spring and rubber to provide optimal frequency characteristics. This not only assures high sound quality and superb howling resistance, but also effectively shuts out external vibrations under high sound level conditions.
Type – Direct Drive Manual Turntable
Turntable Speeds – 33-1/3, 45 rpm (with switch 78 rpm)
Starting Torque – 0.18 N・m / 1.8 kg･cm
Build-up Characteristics – 0.7 s. from standstill to 33 1/3 rpm
Wow And Flutter – 0.025 % W.R.M.S.
Turntable Platter – Aluminium diecast // Diameter : 332 mm // Weight : Approx. 1.8 kg (Including slipmat and slipsheet)
Type – Universal Static Balance
Effective Length – 230 mm
Overhang – 15 mm
Tracking Error Angle – Within 2° 32′ (at the outer groove of 30 cm record) // Within 0° 32′ (at the inner groove of 30 cm record)
Offset Angle – 22°
Arm-height Adjustment Range – 0 – 6 mm
Stylus Pressure Adjustment Range – 0 – 4 g (Direct Reading)
Head Shell Weight – Approx. 7.6 g
Applicable Cartridge Weight Range – (without auxiliary weight) 5.6 – 12.0 g // 14.3 – 20.7 g (including head shell)
Head Shell Terminal Lug – 1.2 mmφ 4-pin terminal lug
Terminals – Audio Output // PHONO (Pin Jack) x 1, EARTH TERMINAL x 1
Power Supply – AC 110 – 240 V, 50 / 60 Hz
Power Consumption – 8 W // Approx. 0.2 W (Standby)
Dimensions (W x H x D) – 453 x 169 x 353 mm
Weight – Approx. 9.6 kg
Accessories – Turntable, Slipmat, Slipsheet, Dust cover, EP record adaptor, Balance weight, Head shell, Screw set for cartridge, PHONO cable, PHONO earth lead, AC power supply cord, Owner’s Manual, Red Bull BC One Slip Mat, Two Control Vinyl Labels ,Sticker.