- Converto Mk2 DAC amplifier supports a fully balanced circuit and gives appropriate input options, such as coaxial S/PDIF, optic S/PDIF, USB of type B and analog RCA line.
Inside can be found an integrated amplifier, designed for headphones fans. Its minimal construction conveys elegance as well.
- Aluminum has been used both for painting and for frame, on the upper part can be found our carved logo. This unit works in a very simple way: two buttons on the front panel enable stand-by mode and inputs selection. A blue led on the upper front part also displays the latter function.
- Featuring compact dimensions and clear design, Converto Mk2 is available in two finishes and, if combined with In The Groove and AmpliD, will set up a perfect audio system both for digital and phono source.
This product is entirely handmade in Italy.
A fully balanced DAC built around SABRE chips with a headphone amp, and entirely handmade in Italy
“Musical.” That’s the word that comes to mind as soon as music starts playing through the Converto DAC amplifier. What does that mean though? With “unmusical” DACs, think about the banding in the sky in low-res digital photos–the inability to smoothly run through subtle shades of the same hue. That’s what happens in noisier, less optimized digital products; there’s an inability to present the subtle shading that makes music human and real. All those little echoes, instrument decays, and minute resonances are buried under the noise floor of lesser DACs, and hence the use of “digital’ as a pejorative.
But “digital” isn’t and shouldn’t be a bad word. When done right, it has tremendous inner detail and life. High-resolution streams and recordings are commonplace, and these offer air and spaciousness just like good vinyl does. The Converto is no exception. The innate detail orientedness of the SABRE chip is implemented in a supremely, yes, musical circuit, that instantly draws you into the emotion and intention of the music.
The Converto MkII does not have a remote control.
- Digital input sample rate
- S/PDIF: 32 bit up to 384 KHz
- USB: PCM 32 bit up to 384 kHz, DSD64, DSD128
- Analog stage: Fully balanced, Class A, zero feedback
- Dynamic range: 120 dB
- S/N ratio: -110 dB
- THD: <0.01%
- Analog line output: 1 x balanced XLR, one x RCA
- Output impedance: <30 Ohm
- Max FIX output level: 3.2 V RMS
- Variable output level: 0 – 6.3 V RMS
- 2 x USB B
- 1 x S/PDIF RCA
- 1 xS/PDIF Toslink
- 1 x analog line RCA (only for headphone)
- Headphone specifications
- Output power: 1 W @ 16 ohm
- Output impedance: <0.2 ohm
- Output level: 7 V RMS
- Frequency response: 10 Hz – 100 KHz
- THD: < 0.02%
- Main voltage: 90-250V 50/60Hz
- Power consumption: 10W
- Dimensions: 200 x 226 x 70 mm
- Weight: 5.5 lb (2.5 kg)