DescriptionView Product Specifications >>
One of Pathos Acoustic’s biggest international hits is the Classic One. Pathos set out to “remix” the sound and technology that made that amp such a hit, along with extra features such as an optional onboard DAC and high-quality headphone output.
The goal for the Classic Remix was high sonic performance, excellent management of digital musical files, and a high-quality headphone listening experience.
The optional HiDac Mk2 DAC offers the full, musical sound that makes the pathos Converto DAC such a favorite.
The headphone capability is absolutely not an afterthought or a compromised sub-circuit just to be able to offer the feature. The sonics of the headphone output are part of the original DNA of this amp, with the goal of offering performance at the level of dedicated headphone amps. A fully balanced circuit used the input signal straight from the input stage tubes, offering low noise, a high dynamic range, and high bandwidth. The generous output power of 2 W into 32 ohm allows great pairing with regular and high-end headphones.
Presented during the last edition of the Munich High-End 2014, the new integrated amplifier of Pathos Acoustics stems from the desire of the company from Vicenza to make a deep renewal of one of the biggest international hits of its history that is the critically acclaimed and award-winning amplifier ClassicOne, which in any case will still remain in its catalog. But in the act of thinking about the new ClassicRemix the company becames aware that with the renewal could not miss even a new and more ambitious positioning in the market. In fact, the mission entrusted to the ClassicRemix is to meet the increasingly demanding expectations of the public audiophile and at the same time meet the attention of young people and those who are “just” in love with the Music.
THE TECNOLOGY AND DESIGN
Pathos Laboratories have worked hard to ensure that the new ClassicRemix had all the technology needed to achieve the goal that the company had set for this device, namely: high sonic performance, excellent management of the digital musical files, a high quality listening with headphones.
- SOUND PERFORMANCE : to reach this goal, the company has used first of all the twenty years of experience in hybrid amplifications. By starting from this wealth of knowledge and experience, Pathos has subsequently refined every aspect of the circuitry (as clean as possible) and has made a careful selection of components that must meet the requirements of the highest quality and musicality. The result is then a hybrid device, Class A / B, with a fully balanced circuit and capable of providing a power of 70 + 70W (prudential). The preamp section has been realized around a pair of valves Electro Harmonix ECC88 – 6922 (double triodes) in a differential configuration that is one tube per channel in order to realize the first signal amplification while maintaining the balanced configuration and in such a way that an unbalanced input signal can be converted into a balanced signal. As a further demonstration of the care in design and construction that Pathos wanted to put in this new integrated, deserve special mention the oversized laminated transformer from 240VA developed in partnership with a major supplier and deputy to fuel the final section through stabilization, bridge rectifier and capacitors with filtering of more than 45k-uF, input selectors to switching of mechanical relays watertight specially designed for field audio with internal contact and sealed under vacuum to prevent oxidation and finally the ability to adjust and store the listening volume of each entrance. The company is proud of not having left nothing to chance and safe in doing so to satisfy the most demanding audiophiles.
- MANAGEMENT OF DIGITAL MUSIC FILES: the versatility of the digital world is made possible by a built-in high quality converter (DAC specially designed for ClassicRemix – optional) and a rich set of digital connections. HiDac Mk2 and HiDac are the result of significant know-how accumulated by Pathos in the design and implementation of digital converters for the cd-players Endorphin and Digit, in the Converto project and in previous versions of HiDac created to be included within the amplifiers Logos, Ethos and InpolRemix. As integration to this conversion board there are numerous digital connections on the rear of the amplifier, which put in communication the HiDac and HiDac Mk2 (the converters) with the outside world; in fact there is a SPDIF, a SPDIF Optical (Toslink), a USB Type “B”. In this regard Pathos has made an important choice and has created an open architecture, that can meet any customer requirement, indeed the ClassicRemix is available without inner converter, or equipped with the current HiDac or HiDac Mk2.
- LISTENING BY HEADPHONES : usually an integrated amplifier that offers the possibility of listening with headphones makes use of cost-effective solutions and compromises. It is not the case of ClassicRemix, here the company from the planning stage has set itself the goal to achieve very high listening performance to levels comparable to those of a dedicated amplifier. Hence the choice to realize a real amplifier in the amplifier with dedicated and strong power supply, a fully balanced circuit which exploits the signal coming from the valves preamplifier section of the ClassicRemix which in turn ensures a low noise, a large range dynamic (120db) and cleaning listening. Completing the picture a large bandwidth and a generous output power (greater than 2W of 32 Ohm) that allows easy and happy pairings with most of the high-quality headphones that there are on the market. Pathos is sure for even the most demanding lover of listening through headphones he will be positively surprised and did not feel the need for another device.
- DESIGN : The obsessive search for a common thread between industrial design, functionality, aesthetics and beauty is a value that Pathos has in his DNA since birth and the Pathos Twin Towers, his first device, is one example. Here then is that the designer has created a play of contrasting volumes, alternating full and empty spaces, taut lines and clean as opposed to elements strongly characterized, a sort of mixture of balanced proportions and high-tech materials, the all bounded by the iconic aluminum heat sinks, bearing serially the logo Pathos. Other functional elements like the volume knob and cages to protect the valves are the result of evolution that Pathos wanted to give toward a more contemporary style of some iconic elements typical of the audio world, in any case never sterile forms and self-celebratory but always genuine expression of their function and suitable to fit in a listening room always in a harmonious but distinctive way, because device, space, and listener can find in a more natural and spontaneous way as possible a balance that involving multiple senses, for a fuller and more rewarding experience. But this, according to the factory, it is also a way to bring the great Pathos sound to a increasingly wide audience and so also to those who simply love the Music and the beauty.
- THE SOUND: While being ClassicRemix a highly innovative project, in terms of pure sound quality, the amplifier perfectly reflects the tradition of the house: not special effects or objectionable colorations to attract hasty listeners, but only great respect for the Music. Pathos Acoustics is fully satisfied with the result: a complete sound in all parameters, a wide soundstage with width and depth, correct tone, sense of rhythm, energy beyond of all expectations, low frequencies extended and natural but never out of control, detail and airiness that they live together in harmony and never listening fatigue. ClassicRemix is a real ”musical machine” that invites us to rediscover with renewed pleasure and enthusiasm our collection.
- Type: Integrated stereo amplifier, fully balanced, hybrid technology
- Preamplifier stage: Tube (2 x 6922 ECC88)
- Final stage: Solid-state, bridge mode, class AB
- Output power: 2 x 70 W RMS @ 8 Ω (Both channel driven)
- Frequency response: 1.5 Hz – 200 KHz ± 0.5 dB
- Max input voltage: 4.25 V RMS
- Input sensitivity: 500 mV RMS
- Input impedance: 47K Ω
- Output polarity: Non-inverting, balanced pin 2 +
- Volume regulator: 2 x Burr Brown PGA2310 (180 steps 0.5 dB)
- THD: 0.025% @ 70 W
- S/N Ratio: > 100 dB
- Power requirements: 250 W @ 70 W PC / 100 W @ zero volume / < 0.5 W @ standby
- Analog inputs: 1 x balanced XLR, 4 x RCA
- Digital inputs (optional HiDac Mk2 board required): 1 x USB B, 1 x S/PDIF coaxial, 1 x S/PDIF optical
- Outputs: 1 x pre out stereo, 1 x headphone 6.3 mm
- Headpone Specifications
- Output power: 1.6 W @ 32 Ω
- Output impedance: 10 Ω
- Max output level: 10 V RMS
- Frequency response: 1.5 Hz – 200 KHz ± 0.5 dB
- THD: 0.025%
- Amplifier: 37cm (D) x 280cm (W) x 170cm (H)
- Packed: 490cm (D) x 430cm (W) x 300cm (H))
- Weight (net / packed): 30.8 lb (14 kg) / 38.5 lb (17.5 kg)