DescriptionView Owners Manual >> View Product Info >>
Hi-res to the nth degree.
All current and future Bluetooth® audio formats are supported. This includes Qualcomm’s aptX and aptX HD, aptX Low Latency, aptX Adaptive, LDAC and HWA/LHDC, hi-res Bluetooth® codecs created by Sony and Huawei respectively, AAC, Apple’s favoured format and SBC, the standard Bluetooth® codec.
Phew! This means every possible source device is covered, at the highest resolution Bluetooth® specification.
Not all Bluetooth is created equal.
Have utter confidence in the sound quality of the ZEN Blue. It uses Bluetooth5.0®, the very latest version, and the newest Qualcomm 5100 chip to process all incoming Bluetooth® data. There ESS Sabre DAC chip is there to ensure an extremely smooth digital to analogue conversion. Banish standard ‘Bluetooth Blues’ with the iFi hi-res implementation.
Enjoy. Your way.
Chill with the best of both worlds.
- Analogue – connect via RCA to amps or active speakers or via the 4.4mm output to amps/speakers with a balanced input.
- Digital – use the optical and coaxial connections to connect to anything with a built-in DAC and corresponding digital input; your TV, an AV amp or an external DAC in your hi-fi set-up.
Balanced design is special indeed.
The analogue output stage is balanced, not normally seen in DACs at this price point. Balanced means less noise interference/crosstalk. This equals more ZEN in our book. It has RCA and balanced outputs at HiFi standard level; 2V SE and 4V BAL and thus is compatible with both HiFi and Pro systems.
All underpinned by high-quality circuit components such as C0G capacitors from TDK. All fed by a precision low-noise power supply from Texas Instruments to make this a rare entry-priced beastie.
Go and grab yourself one today. And ZEN out…
- TI low-noise ICs offer great unity gain bandwidth, very low noise and distortion, high output drive capability, Common-mode and Power Supply Rejection Ratios of over 100 dB, wide maximum-output-swing bandwidths and high slew rates.
- The iFi Bluetooth® implementation does not use a standard SOC (System On a Chip) as seen elsewhere. It uses a combination of quality elements to extract the most from each stage. The Qualcomm chip routes the raw, digital Bluetooth® signal to a specialised Sabre DAC chip to convert the signal from digital to analogue – any jitter is eliminated using our GMT femto-precision clock system to deliver Bluetooth® that is a cut above.
- Discrete ESS Sabre Hyperstream DAC chipset with time domain jitter eliminator, discrete oscillator and 112dB dynamic range for discerning listeners.
- A key advantage of the ESS Sabre DAC chip is its Hyperstream architecture with integrated Time Domain Jitter Eliminator, which delivers vanishingly low distortion and a high dynamic range.
- This OV series operational amplifier is another example of a top-notch component used to get extremely low noise, low distortion (0.0001%) and wide bandwidth.
- TDK C0G (Class 1 ceramic) capacitors offer high stability and low losses for resonant circuit applications. They are pricey but are a perfect addition to our products.
- It is a superior method to the traditional single-ended circuit approach. Balanced circuits reduce noise and crosstalk. Less Interference – clearer sound.
- You normally find this set-up in products at the higher end of the price spectrum such as the Pro iCAN but iFi is now using this across its range to produce the best quality audio for all our customers.
|Input:||Bluetooth 5.0TM with AAC, aptX, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive, aptX Low-Latency, LDAC, HWA/LHDC Codec|
|Output:||Optical/Coaxial, Audio RCA L/R, 4.4 Balanced Line out|
|Frequency Response:||20Hz – 20kHz <+0/-0.5dB (44.1kHz)|
|1Hz – 44khz <+0/-3.0dB (>= 88.2kHz)|
|Output Voltage @ 0dBFS:||2.05V (+/-0.05V)|
|Dynamic Range:||109dB (A)|
|Signal/Noise ratio:||109dB (A) @ 0dBFS|
|THD & N @ 0dBFS:||< 0.0015% 10k Load|
|Output Impedance:||< 50Ω|
|Power Consumption:||< 2.5W|
|Dimensions:||158 (l) x 100 (w) x 35 (h) mm|
|Weight (Gross):||0.8 kg (1.8 lbs)|