DescriptionView Specifications >> View User Manual >>
Shape Twin is made in France, just like Shape 40, 50 and 65. Designed to meet the needs of nearfield monitoring, these monitors combine an ingenuous design and numerous settings optimised for the acoustics of small listening rooms. Shape Twin stands out through its excellent rendering over the whole audio spectrum, its broad frequency response in the low end, and its high SPL considering its size. The compact design makes it easy to integrate even into the most cramped of rooms. Finally, its 2.5-way design gives it a real advantage when it comes to controlling the bass and lower mid-range registers which are the hardest to control in small rooms.
Shape Twin’s five innovations present a remarkable tonal balance, with very wide and precise stereo imaging. The low frequencies are well defined as well as controlled. The low-mid and mid ranges provide a true neutral sound.
M-SHAPED INVERTED DOME TWEETER
Focal is evolving its famous aluminum-magnesium inverted dome tweeter via a new “M” shape and a Poron® suspension.
FLAX SANDWICH CONE
Recent technology has proven to be a considerable improvement, in terms of weight, rigidity and damping.
- Tweeter with very low directivity for a flexible listening position
- Designed without a port, but with a double passive radiator, allowing it to be placed near a wall.
- Numerous settings for optimal integration
- Accurate control, even in the very high end
- Flax sandwich cone: controlled and well defined bass, natural and detailed lower mid-range and upper mid-range ranges.
- Mounting mechanisms present on the back and underneath the loudspeaker: for installing on a table stand, a microphone stand, the ceiling or a wall (mounting accessories not supplied).
The magnetic field is very difficult to control in order to avoid distortions. Our research enabled us to come up with an extremely stable magnetic circuit: Neutral Inductance Circuit technology.
This technology provides a linear frequency response curve between 1 and 2kHz, while significantly reducing distortion in the same range. The mid-range register benefits from remarkable neutrality, and it contributes to the great precision of the overall stereo image.