Digital Video Essentials: HD Basics [Blu-ray]
DVE. Digital Video Essentials: High Definition Blu-ray. REGION FREE
Get The Most Out Of Your HDTV. . . Get Back To BASICS
High Definition television represents the biggest shift in home entertainment communications since the introduction of the color television over half a century ago. Yet, if you are like most people, your HDTV is among the most used and least understood devices in your home. Buying an HDTV is a major purchase — but it does not mean that you will enjoy the crisp and true images intended by HD content producers. Getting the most out of your HDTV set will require some adjustments.
HD Basics will teach you both how to make these adjustments and why they are necessary. And, taking advantage of the interactivity provided by the leading HD formats, everything is organized in a refreshingly new way that allows you to access what you need, when you need it. Created by home theater industry legend Joe Kane, HD Basics is the definitive High Definition home theater calibration tool. It promises to improve your picture and give you an understanding of the concepts that are vital to getting the most out of your HDTV.
Where Would You Like To Start?
HD Basics begins with this simple question.
The straight forward menu will take you directly where you want to go.
HD In Detail
A 90 minute, all-inclusive tutorial will provide an overview of how your HDTV system works.
It will help you understand why the adjustments you need to make are necessary.
Setting Up My HDTV
A short and simple guide to improving the look of your picture.
It will take you about 25 minutes of your time to complete.
Just The Test Patterns
Go directly to any test pattern in the program.
– A printed manual included with this program will help you determine if your home system is connected for optimal performance
– Easy to use menu system
– 25 minute “quick setup” option including an in depth description and explanation of how to use specific test patterns to calibrate your display
– Audio calibration test signals
– Descriptive text in the menu to help navigate each option
– A 90 minute overview of the basics of HDTV
– Introduction to the world of creating HDTV prgrams
– Audio commentary by Cinematographer Allen Daviau
– Audio commentary by Joe Kane for the demonstration materials
– Joe Kane’s Digital Video Essentials Tri-Color Filter