DescriptionView Technical Specs >>
Great speakers begin with the cabinet. SX Series speakers use cabinets that make extensive use of CAD (Computer-Aided Design) to fully understand where they need to be braced and strengthened. Why? So that every millimetre of movement from the drivers is directed towards the listener as sound and not wasted as cabinet vibration.
SX Series speakers all make use of mid bass drivers that are made from treated paper. This might not sound terribly high tech, but the impressive strength to weight ratio is matched by excellent tonality so instrumentation sounds clear, well defined and believable. Taking care of the higher frequencies is a soft dome tweeter made from treated silk that offers the same balance of realism and refinement.
MANY DRIVERS, ONE VOICE
Great care and attention has gone into the design of the crossovers in SX Series. As they are entirely responsible for ensuring that each driver receives the correct frequency, we have worked hard to deliver this requirement as efficiently as possible. Timing and stereo imaging are accurate because the phase remains completely linear from top to bottom.
A DESIGN FOR LIFE
SX Series speakers all feature clean, understated looks that allow them to sit in a variety of spaces and work in all of them. Whether you want a discrete pair of bookshelf speakers or a compromise-free 7.1 AV system for home cinema use, the SX series has the options to suit in a style that enthuses.
- Optimised woofer magnet systems deliver deep, punchy bass.
- Silk dome tweeter combines refined presentation with high levels of detail.
- Foam damper behind the tweeter diaphragm reduces reflections and creates a wide, effortless soundstage.
- 135mm treated paper cone provides a smooth and even frequency response.
- Precisely optimised crossovers for the most neutral, phase linear response.
- CAD modelled rigid MDF cabinet minimises standing waves and keeps vibration to a minimum.
SENSITIVITY – 87dB
FREQUENCY RESPONSE – 50Hz-22kHz
IMPEDANCE – 8 Ohms compatible
RECOMMENDED AMPLIFIER POWER – 10-100 watts
DRIVERS – 5.25” (135mm) treated paper cone woofer 1” (25mm) Silk dome tweeter
CROSSOVER – 2 way
PORTED – 1 rear
MAGNETIC SHIELDING – No
COLOUR – Matte Black / Walnut
DIMENSIONS (HXWXD) – 225 x 161 x 240mm (8.9 x 6.3 x 9.4″)
WEIGHT – 3.0kg (6.6lbs))