Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
The Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter lets you connect an advanced digital monitor, such as the 20- or 23-inch Apple Cinema Display, to a Mac with a Mini DisplayPort.
Every Mac with a Mini DisplayPort allows you to connect an external display or projector using an adapter. You can use an external display as your main workspace or to extend your desktop, or you can work in mirrored mode with a projector so you can view what your audience sees.
Review the documentation or check with the manufacturer of your monitor to make sure you're choosing the right adapter.
Cost effective solution for adapting your new Mini-DisplayPort equipped laptop to your current display.
Supports up to 1920x1200 resolutions (single link).
This is only compatible only with MacBook, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air with Mini DisplayPort.
Connect your Mac to your television. Genius not required
The concept of converging computer technology with home theaters is no longer theory, it's a reality. Computers have become the latest and greatest HD source device opening up immense internet libraries of viewing materials. Sites like Itunes, Hulu and YouTube have lead some people to do away with traditional subscription television sources in favor of on demand internet content. But who wants to watch a full length movie on a small screen and miniature desktop speakers when you have a 32" or larger HD widescreen and high end surround sound in the living room.
Connecting a computer to a home theater is easier than ever, especially with the power of a Mac. All you'll need to connect Cupertino's latest magic boxes to your system is one of our adapters, some cables to match the input connectors on your television or projector and mini optical to toslink cables to get all the glory of high quality digital surround sound audio to your receiver. Once your connections are made, you'll want to go into the display settings of your map to optimize them to best fit your screen.
Mini Display Port to DVI Adapter delivers cost effective solution for adapting your new Mini-DisplayPort equipped laptop to your current display. Mini-DisplayPort is a miniaturized version of DisplayPort, the newest digital display interface developed by the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA). We have a collection of Mini-DP adapters that will allow you to connect your new laptop to the widely used current standards of VGA, DVI or HDMI.
Supports up to 1920x1200 resolutions (single link).
NOTE: This adapter does NOT support analog signal. It will only output a digital signal. It can be used with DVI to DVI and DVI to HDMI cables and adapters, but NOT DVI to VGA.
Question: Will this adapter transmit audio?
Answer: No, while DisplayPort technology supports audio, VGA and DVI do not.
Question: Will this adapter support Dual Link DVI connections?
Answer: No, DVI uses a different protocol for extended graphic resolutions than DP. Dual link can not be supported without an active converter. These adapters are passive.
Question: What is DisplayPort?
Answer: DisplayPort is a new digital video and audio connection standard designed by the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA). It is a royalty-free technology designed primarily for the computer industry but also compatible for home theater application.
Question: What''s the difference between DisplayPort and Mini DisplayPort?
Answer: Mini DisplayPort is a more compact version of the orginial DisplayPort connector that was designed by Apple Computers and is found mostly on their newest MacBook laptops.
Question: What''s the difference between DisplayPort and HDMI.
Answer: DisplayPort was primarily designed as a replacement for VGA, DVI and LVDS which are common interfaces used in the computer/IT industries, while HDMI was developed by the Consumer Electronics Industry specifically for Home Theater applications. Toward this end, DisplayPort has certain enhanced features such as direct drive monitor design and single cable multi-function monitor connectivity. Some advantages of HDMI are the ability to support xvYCC color, Dolby TrueHD and CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) signals.
Though both share powerfull A/V features, DisplayPort was designed to complement HDMI, not to replace it.
Write Your Own Review
Why buy from us?
Why buy from us?
Rapallo is an independently owned New Zealand company and with more than 12 years experience, we offer you both technical expertise and superior service.
Rapallo is fully authorized to sell products by all of the manufacturers listed on our website and in our store. In most cases we are more than a reseller, we are a direct dealer who also receives training and where possible we personally test products we sell.
Authorized dealers like us offer peace of mind. Rapallo:
- Meets manufacturer's standards, from sales to service, in order to receive authorized status.
- Often receives training directly from manufacturer representatives and shares that expertise with you.
- Provides support for all the products they sell.
- Ensures that manufacturer warranties will be honoured.
- Buys directly from big brand manufacturers and guarantee you buy NZ new, (NO GREY IMPORTS OR PARALLEL IMPORTS).
The Internet is an incredibly convenient information source and a wonderful way to find savings on the products you want. Protect yourself online by buying from authorized dealers, with genuine feedback and reputations.
A price too good to be true, usually is.
If you've ever searched for a product on a shopping engine (such as Priceme/Pricespy) you may have asked yourself, "Why are some stores charging so much less than other stores?"
Our customers often share these stories with us, so we thought we would share a few with you, in hopes that you don't fall prey to any of these unscrupulous sales tactics.
- Goods may be grey market/parallel imported. They may state that the product includes the manufacturer warranty, but not tell you that the warranty is valid only in Europe, Japan, or South America, and NOT in NZ.
- You may be asked to buy an expensive extended warranty. In many cases if you do not purchase the warranty, your purchase will be denied. (The product is now out of stock, your card does not go through, etc.)
- Included parts may be sold to you separately. Some resellers will open boxes and charge extra for parts that are normally included by the manufacturer.
- Hidden charges which don't show up until your credit card statement arrives, these charges only show up when your credit card statement is sent to you.
- When something goes wrong, faulty, late delivery, doesn’t matter how many times you try to email, they don’t get back.
- There are so many scamming online sellers today, “buyer beware” protect yourself!
Think you have a better price? Call us for the best deal.
Call us 09 2744515
Concerned About Fraud?
The internet has become a more popular source for online shopping, regrettably we have seen more and more instances of fraud affecting online shoppers. Companies trading under many different names, loading warranties and charging for them as extras when often they are included from the manufacturer. Parallel imports or personal imports where the NZ supplier refuses to repair when things go wrong is often alarming to the unsuspecting purchaser. Inflated freight charges, customs and GST at the border are often forgotten as a buyer is tempted by a lower price. Constantly we hear all these stories, once bitten it’s all to late looking for that refund or replacement. The stories are outrageous at times, customers from Trademe and ebay with no place to turn, time consuming and very frustrating….
So how do you protect yourself from online fraud?
- Buy from an authorized reseller. If you are at all suspicious, contact the manufacturer directly and ask if a company is authorized to sell their products.
- Make sure you get a company invoice with GST clearly marked.
- Make sure you buy from someone who has a phone number and an address on their website, not a P.O.Box number
- Read customer feedback, you can usually tell if it's genuine or not.
We hope that you will become our next happy customer. And we promise to offer you superior service before, during and after your purchase.