You may have noticed we are audio junkies and have a strong interest in high-quality sound reproduction, so when we got these Meze headphones sent in, you can imagine how excited we were. The model featured here is the 88 classics, Meze´s top of the range headphones created for audiophiles and music enthusiasts. The 88´s are not only good looking but also offer a warm and natural sound due to their stylish ebony wood ear cups.
The Meze headphones are the creation of award-winning industrial designer, Antonio Meze.
The first thing you will notice is that they are visual works of art! They really are a special set of headphones, the main stand out feature are the beautifully finished, hand-carved ebony wood ear cups (yes, real wood!) that are polished and varnished to make them more durable. Inside some leather ear cushions that are really well paded and extremely comfortable, they also block a decent amount of external noise, and after extended wearing, still felt light and good. Another stand out feature is the split dual-sided ergonomic headband, it is shock mounted so you get immediate feedback. As the headband automatically adjusts to your head size, it kind of seems to float, with no clicks or adjusting like on a traditional style headband, giving you a perfect fit and prolonged listening comfort.
The cable plugs into the left ear cup with a standard gold-plated 3.5mm jack. Also included is a quarter inch screw-on adapter(6.3mm gold-plated)
To test the headphones we listened to a variety of music styles. The sound was crisp and exceptionally clear; the 88´s provided warm, powerful and defined bass plus clear, concise mids and highs. Definition is definitely up there with the very best headphones.
With great distinct features like the floating style headband and the real ebony wood ear cups, plus audiophile quality, there’s not much we can ask from a pair of headphones. They might not be a match in the trendy scale for the Beats headphones, but the Meze headphones are not intended to last for just a season. You will be getting some timeless, classic headphones with a combination of high-end technology and style with quality materials and good craftsmanship. They really are as good as they look...
Frequency response: 20Hz - 20KHz
-Sensitivity:107+/-3dB at 1KHz,1mW.
-Impedance: 40 Ohm
-Dedicated 50mm Neodymium drivers
-detachable one side cable
-Plug:3.5mm & 6.3mm gold-plated
Write Your Own Review
Why buy from us?
Why buy from us?
Rapallo is an independently owned New Zealand company and with more than 12 years experience, we offer you both technical expertise and superior service.
Rapallo is fully authorized to sell products by all of the manufacturers listed on our website and in our store. In most cases we are more than a reseller, we are a direct dealer who also receives training and where possible we personally test products we sell.
Authorized dealers like us offer peace of mind. Rapallo:
- Meets manufacturer's standards, from sales to service, in order to receive authorized status.
- Often receives training directly from manufacturer representatives and shares that expertise with you.
- Provides support for all the products they sell.
- Ensures that manufacturer warranties will be honoured.
- Buys directly from big brand manufacturers and guarantee you buy NZ new, (NO GREY IMPORTS OR PARALLEL IMPORTS).
The Internet is an incredibly convenient information source and a wonderful way to find savings on the products you want. Protect yourself online by buying from authorized dealers, with genuine feedback and reputations.
A price too good to be true, usually is.
If you've ever searched for a product on a shopping engine (such as Priceme/Pricespy) you may have asked yourself, "Why are some stores charging so much less than other stores?"
Our customers often share these stories with us, so we thought we would share a few with you, in hopes that you don't fall prey to any of these unscrupulous sales tactics.
- Goods may be grey market/parallel imported. They may state that the product includes the manufacturer warranty, but not tell you that the warranty is valid only in Europe, Japan, or South America, and NOT in NZ.
- You may be asked to buy an expensive extended warranty. In many cases if you do not purchase the warranty, your purchase will be denied. (The product is now out of stock, your card does not go through, etc.)
- Included parts may be sold to you separately. Some resellers will open boxes and charge extra for parts that are normally included by the manufacturer.
- Hidden charges which don't show up until your credit card statement arrives, these charges only show up when your credit card statement is sent to you.
- When something goes wrong, faulty, late delivery, doesn’t matter how many times you try to email, they don’t get back.
- There are so many scamming online sellers today, “buyer beware” protect yourself!
Think you have a better price? Call us for the best deal.
Call us 09 2744515
Concerned About Fraud?
The internet has become a more popular source for online shopping, regrettably we have seen more and more instances of fraud affecting online shoppers. Companies trading under many different names, loading warranties and charging for them as extras when often they are included from the manufacturer. Parallel imports or personal imports where the NZ supplier refuses to repair when things go wrong is often alarming to the unsuspecting purchaser. Inflated freight charges, customs and GST at the border are often forgotten as a buyer is tempted by a lower price. Constantly we hear all these stories, once bitten it’s all to late looking for that refund or replacement. The stories are outrageous at times, customers from Trademe and ebay with no place to turn, time consuming and very frustrating….
So how do you protect yourself from online fraud?
- Buy from an authorized reseller. If you are at all suspicious, contact the manufacturer directly and ask if a company is authorized to sell their products.
- Make sure you get a company invoice with GST clearly marked.
- Make sure you buy from someone who has a phone number and an address on their website, not a P.O.Box number
- Read customer feedback, you can usually tell if it's genuine or not.
We hope that you will become our next happy customer. And we promise to offer you superior service before, during and after your purchase.