1. Newly developed Native 4K “D-ILA “ device
JVC first developed its Native 4K D-ILA device in the year 2000. Since then JVC has continuously developed this technology, 1.7inch device in 2004, 1.27inch device in 2007, being one of the leading companies in the high definition video field.
The new D-ILA device developed this time has narrowed the pixel gap by 31% against former devices to 3.8 ㎛, realising high quality 4K (4096x2160 pixel) picture with the World’s smallest 0.69inch device. Further, by using both vertical orientation technology and planarization technique, unnecessary scattering and diffraction of light has been decreased to realise high contrast ratio. DLA-Z1 uses three of these 4K D-ILA devices, each device dedicated for the colours Red, Green and Blue.
As a result a smooth, detailed picture without the lattice being seen, can be produced even when using large screen sizes.
2. High brightness and Long life brought by Laser light source “Blu-Escent”
The light source will be JVC original Laser technology “Blu-Escent” using a Blue Laser diode. This will mean high brightness of 3,000lm and 20,000 hours long life can coexist.
The improvement of brightness will make compatibility to large size screens over 200inches, and raise the peak brightness on HDR picture, which will bring depth to the picture like you have never experienced on home theatres before.
3. High definition, ∞:1 contrast ratio realized by Dynamic Light Source Control
Using the Laser Diode as the light source, light output can be controlled instantly. This means brightness control can be made without delays compared to the conventional mechanical adjustment (lens aperture). DLA-Z1 can control the laser output accordingly to the scene’s brightness, which creates picture that is close to the human perception.
Also by controlling the laser output when switching scenes or during signal identifications, contrast ratio of ∞:1 has been realised.
4. Vivid Images created from wide Colour Gamut
The combination of Laser light source and new Cinema Filter can obtain wide colour gamut of 100% DCI P3 and over 80% coverage of BT.2020. The gradation of sky or sea, the crimson red of a rose, the fresh green of trees can be reproduced vividly like never before. It can realise a beautiful picture even when compared to movie theatres for UHD Blu-ray contents, by expressing the various colours contained in the content utilising the wide colour gamut.
5. New High Resolution Lens dedicated for 4K
Together with the “4K D-ILA” devices, a new 16 group 18 sheets all glass lens and full aluminum lens barrel has been developed. The diameter of the lens is 100mm compared to conventional 65mm, in order to project the 4K resolution to every corner of the screen whilst keeping a wide shift range of 100% vertical, 43% horizontal shift.2 In addition, adopting five anomalous dispersion lenses in accordance to the different refractive index of R/G/B light, the chromatic aberration and color fringing when shifted can be minimised, resulting in precise projection of 4K resolution graphics.
6. HDR (High Dynamic Range) Compatibility
HDR contents like UHD Blu-ray, are contents with extended brightness range, 10bit gradation, wide BT.2020 colour gamut, which demand high specifications to the display equipment. The DLA-Z1, having high contrast ratio with 80% BT.2020 coverage, and dynamic light source control together with high brightness, can let you enjoy the full merit of HDR images
7. New Design intended for Top-end model
Symmetrical design body with high quality, hairline finished aluminum center part to put accent. Matt black paint is applied to reduce reflections in pitch black theatre rooms. Inside the lens ring, that accentuates the large diameter lens, is a gold alumite ring which adds casual luxury to the model.
Not only that, the rear intake/front exhaust can flexibly adapt to the various environments of installations, and further to ensure long term usages, it employs professional level air filter which can withstand sever conditions.
Product Plan Intention
The demand for 4K home theatre projector is increasing in accordance to the increase of 4K contents like UHD Blu-ray or OTT distribution. Since 2011, JVC has been popular for developing projectors with “e-shift” technology to realise 4K resolution images.
In 2016, for the customers to enjoy the new 4K and HDR images (which could be said to be a visual revolution), new contents, new source equipment, new transmission standards (HDMI/HDCP) has become available at once, and many requests are heard from the customers for a product which can fully project the 4K/HDR images. Therefore, in the pursuit of realising further high quality images, JVC will introduce the new High-end Flagship model “DLA-Z1” loaded with the newly developed 4K ”D-ILA” devices and Laser light source “Blu-Escent”.
“DLA-Z1”, gathering the High definition, high quality technologies which has been developed over many years by JVC, will promise an unforgettable Home Theater experience.
• Applying to become the World’s first projector with the “THX 4K Display” approval.
• JVC original super resolution technology “Multiple Pixel Control” has evolved further. A new algorithm optimised for the 4K devices can produce images with fine details even when converted from Full HD images.
• Adopts JVC original blur reduction technology "Clear Motion Drive" which is compatible to 4K60P(4:4:4) and "Motion Enhance" which minimize the motion blurs significantly by optimising the drive of the D-ILA devices. The combination of these two technologies results in smooth and detailed image for a variety of images.
• Compatible with “Auto Calibration Function”3, which can calibrate the various pictures under various environments automatically, optimizing the picture accordingly to the viewing environment.
• Additional new screen compatibility for "Screen Adjust Mode", which optimises the colour differences caused by different screen materials.
• Equipped with “Low Latency Mode” which decrease the input lags from the source.
• Ten Installation modes are created for collective management of the settings like Lens Memory, Pixel Adjust, Screen Mask, which may be adjusted depending on the installation.
• The latest HDMI/HDCP2.2 standard incorporated for both two HDMI inputs. These latest HDMI inputs are capable of handling data transfer rate up to 18Gbps
1 For Projectors’ native 4K device, JVC investigation as of August 2016
2 When showing 16:9 images
3 To use "Auto Calibration Function", optical sensor, exclusive software, PC, LAN cable is required
JVC’s DLA-Z1 4K projector combines JVC’s new 4096 X 2160 DILA devices, new “Blu-Escent” Laser phosphor light source, designed to be the worlds first THX 4K certified* projector delivering resolution beyond UHD, over 80% BT.2020 coverage, compatibility with High Dynamic Range content, and high native contrast creating home theater images that need to be experienced to be believed.
• 0.69 inch 4K D‐ILA（4096 × 2160) Devices
• BLU-Escent (Laser Diode) Light Source
• ∞:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
• 100mm diameter, all-glass lens with 18 elements in 16 groups.
1.4 to 2.8:1 Motorized Zoom Lens with Horizontal and Vertical Offset
• 4K (4096 x 2160) Projected Image
• Two 18Gbps HDMI/HDCP 2.2 Compatible Inputs
• Improved Multiple Pixel Control (MPC) with Auto Mode
(works with signals up to 4K60P 4:4:4)
• HDR (High Dynamic Range) Compatible, with Auto HDR picture preset mode
• Motion Enhance (2D, 3D, 4K) with Upgraded Clear Motion Drive (CMD)
• Digital Cinema Initiative (DCI) Color Space
• THX® 4K Display Certified (Applying the final test)
• ISF (Imaging Science Foundation) Licensed
Write Your Own Review
Why buy from us?
Why buy from us?
Rapallo is an independently owned New Zealand company and with more than 12 years experience, we offer you both technical expertise and superior service.
Rapallo is fully authorized to sell products by all of the manufacturers listed on our website and in our store. In most cases we are more than a reseller, we are a direct dealer who also receives training and where possible we personally test products we sell.
Authorized dealers like us offer peace of mind. Rapallo:
- Meets manufacturer's standards, from sales to service, in order to receive authorized status.
- Often receives training directly from manufacturer representatives and shares that expertise with you.
- Provides support for all the products they sell.
- Ensures that manufacturer warranties will be honoured.
- Buys directly from big brand manufacturers and guarantee you buy NZ new, (NO GREY IMPORTS OR PARALLEL IMPORTS).
The Internet is an incredibly convenient information source and a wonderful way to find savings on the products you want. Protect yourself online by buying from authorized dealers, with genuine feedback and reputations.
A price too good to be true, usually is.
If you've ever searched for a product on a shopping engine (such as Priceme/Pricespy) you may have asked yourself, "Why are some stores charging so much less than other stores?"
Our customers often share these stories with us, so we thought we would share a few with you, in hopes that you don't fall prey to any of these unscrupulous sales tactics.
- Goods may be grey market/parallel imported. They may state that the product includes the manufacturer warranty, but not tell you that the warranty is valid only in Europe, Japan, or South America, and NOT in NZ.
- You may be asked to buy an expensive extended warranty. In many cases if you do not purchase the warranty, your purchase will be denied. (The product is now out of stock, your card does not go through, etc.)
- Included parts may be sold to you separately. Some resellers will open boxes and charge extra for parts that are normally included by the manufacturer.
- Hidden charges which don't show up until your credit card statement arrives, these charges only show up when your credit card statement is sent to you.
- When something goes wrong, faulty, late delivery, doesn’t matter how many times you try to email, they don’t get back.
- There are so many scamming online sellers today, “buyer beware” protect yourself!
Think you have a better price? Call us for the best deal.
Call us 09 2744515
Concerned About Fraud?
The internet has become a more popular source for online shopping, regrettably we have seen more and more instances of fraud affecting online shoppers. Companies trading under many different names, loading warranties and charging for them as extras when often they are included from the manufacturer. Parallel imports or personal imports where the NZ supplier refuses to repair when things go wrong is often alarming to the unsuspecting purchaser. Inflated freight charges, customs and GST at the border are often forgotten as a buyer is tempted by a lower price. Constantly we hear all these stories, once bitten it’s all to late looking for that refund or replacement. The stories are outrageous at times, customers from Trademe and ebay with no place to turn, time consuming and very frustrating….
So how do you protect yourself from online fraud?
- Buy from an authorized reseller. If you are at all suspicious, contact the manufacturer directly and ask if a company is authorized to sell their products.
- Make sure you get a company invoice with GST clearly marked.
- Make sure you buy from someone who has a phone number and an address on their website, not a P.O.Box number
- Read customer feedback, you can usually tell if it's genuine or not.
We hope that you will become our next happy customer. And we promise to offer you superior service before, during and after your purchase.