For 2017, JVC projectors add an Auto HDR picture preset for best compatibility with UHD 4K HDR content and a low latency mode for improved gaming. JVC has also updated the HDMI connectivity and added Hybrid Log Gamma for future HDR broadcast and streaming content.
- New for 2017 130,000:1 Native Contrast Ratio
- Intelligent Lens Aperture for Dynamic Contrast Ratio of 1,300,000:1
- New for 2017 1900 Lumens with High Power Lamp (PK-L2615U)
- 265W High/200W Normal
- 4K e-shift4
- Improved for 2017 Dual Full Speed 18Gbps HDMI/HDCP 2.2 Compatible Inputs
- Compatible with full spec native 4K signals such as 4K60p 4:4:4, 4K60p 4:2:2/36bit and 4K24p 4:4:4/36bit
- Compatible with 4K streaming devices and UHD BD content
- Compatible with DCI Color Space
- New for 2017 Low Latency Mode for Improved Gaming
- New for 2017 Auto HDR (High Dynamic Range) Picture Preset
- Motion Enhance (2D, 3D, 4K) with Clear Motion Drive
- Improved for 2017 Multi Pixel Control (MPC) with Auto Mode for ease of use
- MPC works with 4K60P (up to 4:4:4) signals
- THX Certification ensures precise reproduction of 2D and 3D at home
- ISF C3 Licensed - Quality installers can calibrate projector to your room
- 3D Enabled (Active Shutter Method)
- Accepts Frame Sequential, Side-by-Side, and Top-Bottom
- 3D Anamorphic Capable
- 3D Crosstalk Cancellation
- 3D Parallax Adjustment
- Optional RF Active Shutter 3D Glasses (PK-AG3G) and RF 3D Emitter (PK-EM2G)
- Lens Memory with 10 user adjustable presets
- Motorized 2X Zoom Lens (1.4:1 – 2.8:1)
- Simplified 6-Axis Color Management System
- Manual Gamma Control included with JVC Calibration Software
- Control4 SDDP (Simple Device Discovery Protocol)
- 6th Generation 1920x1080 DILA devices
- Real Color Imaging Technology
- Ultra Quiet Operation (21db/Low Lamp)
- Clear Black Processing improves local area contrast
- Screen Adjustment Modes
- Convergence Correction — 1/16th pixel increments with 2 memory positions
- Inputs & Outputs
- Dual Full Speed 18Gbps HDMI/HDCP 2.2 Compatible Inputs
- RJ45 LAN Connection
- 12V Trigger
- 3D Synchro
- 3 Year Warranty
Experience absolute presence as images seem to float in mid-air, and you forget the existence of the screen. Be totally immersed in the world that is portrayed, as images envelop you. Beyond 2K is a new world of moving experiences that only 4K can deliver.
JVC's e-shift 4 technology is able to reproduce the finest nuances and unique tone of every visual work, enabling you to enjoy a 4K-resolution* image with extreme realism and presence in your home theatre environment.
Original 4K e-shift Technology continues to evolve
JVC’s e-shift technology shifts sub-frames by 0.5 pixels both vertically and horizontally to achieve 4 times the pixel density of the original content. The latest e-shift 4 Technology is capable of inputting full-spec 4K video signals including 4K60P 4:4:4 thanks to the optimised engine and the newly adopted high power lamp. These improvements result in an even higher definition picture with more precision.
New Multiple Pixel Control
JVC’s original high-performance image processing technology, Multiple Pixel Control, has been improved to match the trend towards higher resolution. Through adoption of a new analysis algorithm, the MPC is now capable of more accurate diagonal detection between frames for both full HD and full 4K resolution signals, delivering a thoroughly immersive high-definition 4K image.
e-shift 4 Technology's Image Processor: New Multiple Pixel Control
Clear Motion Drive with High-speed LSI
Further improvement has been applied to JVC’s original Clear Motion Drive. It now is compatible with 4K60P 4:4:4 signals for reproducing moving images without ghosting or afterimage issues.
Clear Motion Drive OFF
Clear Motion Drive ON
New Motion Enhance
In addition to the improved Clear Motion Drive, the new D-ILA projectors are equipped with originally developed Motion Enhance technology. By optimally controlling the driving performance of D-ILA devices by image characteristics, residual images and blurring that are often found in fast-moving images are reduced. JVC’s original Clear Motion Drive and Motion Enhance technologies will help to reproduce a variety of crisp and smooth moving images.
JVC Developed Proprietary D-ILA Device
The exceptional picture quality of JVC projectors is achieved by the precision technology behind the company's original D-ILA devices. The latest device, which has an even narrower gap between pixels and is planarised, achieves brighter images rich with contrast. The device is optimally designed to complement ultra-high 4K resolution for precision image expression with virtually no screen-door effect.
Wide-range picture element detection
Wider signal range can be detected within a frame thanks to a 10-fold increase in image component detection range from a conventional 6 x 6 pixels to 21 x 21 pixels. This improvement helps to detect even minute details to achieve more natural and realistic video reproduction.
Detection-range segmentation has been improved from a conventional 2 bands* to 8 bands to perform high-precision filtering. This helps to achieve highly detailed image reproduction for a broader range of bandwidths.
Result of wide-range high-performance filtering (simulated image)
Pixel Analyser (analysis screen)
Pixel Analyser is an analysis screen that allows the user to achieve high-definition video that matches the individual characteristics of the image. Video signals pass through a multi-band filter for analysis and are then colour-separated by frequency bands, which can be viewed on the screen. User-preferred, effective results can be achieved by selecting parameters that match the image. Additionally, new direct buttons on the remote controller enable you to see the effective adjustment area easily.
In order to achieve images with superior expression and dimensionality, four adjustment points are provided. By turning of the 4K e-shift off, it is possible to adjust in the original 2K resolution.
|Enhance||0-10||Enhances the sharpness of the image.|
|Dynamic Contrast||0-10||Enhances the contrast of the image.|
|Smoothing||0-10||Enhances the blurriness of the image for a softer effect.|
|NR (Noise Reduction)||0-10||Reduce the noise of the image.|
Comparison of before/after adjustment image
When using the MPC adjustment and color management, you can easily check the image before and after adjustments by pushing the "HIDE" button on the remote controller.
|Device||0.7 inch Full HD D-ILA (1920 X 1080) X3|
|4K e-shift4 Technology||Yes|
|Resolution||3840 X 2160 *1|
|Lens||2X Zoom, Motorized Focus, f=21.4 to 42.8mm/F3.2-F4|
|Lens Shift||+/- 80% Vertical and +/- 34% Horizontal (Motorized)|
|Projection Display Size||60 inch-200 inch (diagonal)|
|Light Source Lamp||NSH 265W (lamp life approx. 4,500 hours when lamp is in Low mode)|
|Brightness||1,900 Lumens *2|
|Contrast Ratio||Dynamic: 1,300,000:1
|Input Terminal||HDMI X2 (Full Speed 18Gbps HDMI/HDCP 2.2 Compatible w/ HDR)|
|Output Terminals||Trigger (DC12V, 100mA), 3D Syncro (Mini DIN 3 pin)|
|Control Terminals||RS232C (D-sub 9 pin), LAN (RJ45)|
|Video Input Signal Format||480p, 576p, 720p 60/50, 1080i 60/50, 1080p 60/50/24, 3840x2160p 60/50/24, 4096x2160p 24 *3|
|PC Input Signal Format (HDMI)||VGA/SVGA/XGA/WXGA/FWXGA/WXGA+/SXGA/WXGA++/WSXGA+/WUXGA|
|3D Format||Frame Packing: 720p 60/50, 1080p 24, 1080i 60/50
Side-by-Side (half): 720p 60/50, 1080p 60/50/24, 1080i 60/50
Top & Bottom: 720p 60/50 1080p 24
|Fan Noise||21dB (When the lamp is in Low mode)|
|Power Requirement||AC100V-240V, 50/60Hz|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||17 7/8" x 7" x 18 1/2"|
*1 Resolution is 1920 X 1080 in 3D mode.
*2 Measurement, Measuring conditions, and method of notation all comply with ISO 21118
*3 When the video input signal is 4096x2160, data above 3840 is cropped equally on the left & right.
Write Your Own Review
Why buy from us?
Why buy from us?
Rapallo is an independently owned New Zealand company and with more than 12 years experience, we offer you both technical expertise and superior service.
Rapallo is fully authorized to sell products by all of the manufacturers listed on our website and in our store. In most cases we are more than a reseller, we are a direct dealer who also receives training and where possible we personally test products we sell.
Authorized dealers like us offer peace of mind. Rapallo:
- Meets manufacturer's standards, from sales to service, in order to receive authorized status.
- Often receives training directly from manufacturer representatives and shares that expertise with you.
- Provides support for all the products they sell.
- Ensures that manufacturer warranties will be honoured.
- Buys directly from big brand manufacturers and guarantee you buy NZ new, (NO GREY IMPORTS OR PARALLEL IMPORTS).
The Internet is an incredibly convenient information source and a wonderful way to find savings on the products you want. Protect yourself online by buying from authorized dealers, with genuine feedback and reputations.
A price too good to be true, usually is.
If you've ever searched for a product on a shopping engine (such as Priceme/Pricespy) you may have asked yourself, "Why are some stores charging so much less than other stores?"
Our customers often share these stories with us, so we thought we would share a few with you, in hopes that you don't fall prey to any of these unscrupulous sales tactics.
- Goods may be grey market/parallel imported. They may state that the product includes the manufacturer warranty, but not tell you that the warranty is valid only in Europe, Japan, or South America, and NOT in NZ.
- You may be asked to buy an expensive extended warranty. In many cases if you do not purchase the warranty, your purchase will be denied. (The product is now out of stock, your card does not go through, etc.)
- Included parts may be sold to you separately. Some resellers will open boxes and charge extra for parts that are normally included by the manufacturer.
- Hidden charges which don't show up until your credit card statement arrives, these charges only show up when your credit card statement is sent to you.
- When something goes wrong, faulty, late delivery, doesn’t matter how many times you try to email, they don’t get back.
- There are so many scamming online sellers today, “buyer beware” protect yourself!
Think you have a better price? Call us for the best deal.
Call us 09 2744515
Concerned About Fraud?
The internet has become a more popular source for online shopping, regrettably we have seen more and more instances of fraud affecting online shoppers. Companies trading under many different names, loading warranties and charging for them as extras when often they are included from the manufacturer. Parallel imports or personal imports where the NZ supplier refuses to repair when things go wrong is often alarming to the unsuspecting purchaser. Inflated freight charges, customs and GST at the border are often forgotten as a buyer is tempted by a lower price. Constantly we hear all these stories, once bitten it’s all to late looking for that refund or replacement. The stories are outrageous at times, customers from Trademe and ebay with no place to turn, time consuming and very frustrating….
So how do you protect yourself from online fraud?
- Buy from an authorized reseller. If you are at all suspicious, contact the manufacturer directly and ask if a company is authorized to sell their products.
- Make sure you get a company invoice with GST clearly marked.
- Make sure you buy from someone who has a phone number and an address on their website, not a P.O.Box number
- Read customer feedback, you can usually tell if it's genuine or not.
We hope that you will become our next happy customer. And we promise to offer you superior service before, during and after your purchase.