A family of performers.
Every Debut loudspeaker system establishes a value proposition—with build quality and spectacular performance—that goes beyond every other speaker in its class.
ELAC’s chief engineer Andrew Jones explains how Debut speakers break new ground:
“The ELAC Debut series delivers superior performance thanks to custom made key components, with no off-the-shelf parts. Unlike many more expensive speakers that mix parts-bin drivers, bare-bones crossovers and generic cabinets—every ELAC speaker is built from a clean-sheet design.”
Silk-dome tweeter with deep-spheroid custom waveguide
The waveguide surrounding the new ELAC high-frequency driver features a custom, deep spheroid profile to improve directivity control and shield the dome tweeter from cabinet diffraction modes inherent in traditional box enclosures.
Custom-designed woofer with aramid-fiber cone
Aramid fiber is employed in the woofers of all ELAC Debut passive speaker systems. Aramid fiber offers a superior strength-to-weight ratio and improved damping characteristics over conventional paper or plastic drivers. This added strength means arriving at designs that achieve a broader bandwidth with smoother response.
A custom multi-element crossover with high-grade components in each speaker ensures smooth transition between the drivers.
Every ELAC enclosure is engineered for the long run with thick MDF outer walls and a luxurious textured vinyl finish. The cabinets of the floorstanders and the center channel incorporate specially designed internal bracing to add stiffness and strength to the cabinet’s outer walls. This bracing greatly reduces cabinet vibration, which causes unwanted coloration to the sound. ELAC believes that the only parts of a speaker that should be moving are the speaker drivers themselves.
Superior build quality
Count the parts and look at them closely. These don’t look like the components that go in such competitively priced speakers, but rather, speakers that cost much more.
Speaker type: Coaxial, sealed
Tweeter: 1 x 0.5-inch polymer dome
Woofer: 1 x 4-inch woven aramid-fiber cone
Crossover frequency: 5,000 Hz
Frequency response: 180 to 20,000 Hz
Sensitivity: 85 dB at 2.83 v/1m
Recommended amplifier power: 20 to 80 wpc
Nominal/peak power handling: 50 / 80 wpc
Nominal impedance: 6 Ω; minimum 5.1 Ω
Binding posts: 5-way metal
Magnetic shielding: No
Cabinet finishes: Black brushed vinyl
Height: 4.8 in / 123 mm
Width: 7.9 in / 200 mm
Depth: 8.7 in / 222 mm
Net weight (each): 14.3 lb / 6.5 kg
Customer Reviews (1)
- The ELAC Debut A4 Atmos Modules are solid Atmos performers. They do a good job creating atmospheric and overhead sound effects.Review by AVTechReviews
Overall, the ELAC Debut A4 Atmos modules are solid performers. They do a great job creating a sense of atmosphere. My only real nitpicks would be that optional hanging brackets could give the speakers maximum placement flexibility. Also the brushed vinyl exterior doesn’t exude high-end, however looks aren’t everything. If sound quality and performance are more important to you, then the A4’s are a good pick.
(Posted on 3/10/2016)
Write Your Own Review
Why buy from us?
Why buy from us?
Rapallo is an independently owned New Zealand company and with more than 12 years experience, we offer you both technical expertise and superior service.
Rapallo is fully authorized to sell products by all of the manufacturers listed on our website and in our store. In most cases we are more than a reseller, we are a direct dealer who also receives training and where possible we personally test products we sell.
Authorized dealers like us offer peace of mind. Rapallo:
- Meets manufacturer's standards, from sales to service, in order to receive authorized status.
- Often receives training directly from manufacturer representatives and shares that expertise with you.
- Provides support for all the products they sell.
- Ensures that manufacturer warranties will be honoured.
- Buys directly from big brand manufacturers and guarantee you buy NZ new, (NO GREY IMPORTS OR PARALLEL IMPORTS).
The Internet is an incredibly convenient information source and a wonderful way to find savings on the products you want. Protect yourself online by buying from authorized dealers, with genuine feedback and reputations.
A price too good to be true, usually is.
If you've ever searched for a product on a shopping engine (such as Priceme/Pricespy) you may have asked yourself, "Why are some stores charging so much less than other stores?"
Our customers often share these stories with us, so we thought we would share a few with you, in hopes that you don't fall prey to any of these unscrupulous sales tactics.
- Goods may be grey market/parallel imported. They may state that the product includes the manufacturer warranty, but not tell you that the warranty is valid only in Europe, Japan, or South America, and NOT in NZ.
- You may be asked to buy an expensive extended warranty. In many cases if you do not purchase the warranty, your purchase will be denied. (The product is now out of stock, your card does not go through, etc.)
- Included parts may be sold to you separately. Some resellers will open boxes and charge extra for parts that are normally included by the manufacturer.
- Hidden charges which don't show up until your credit card statement arrives, these charges only show up when your credit card statement is sent to you.
- When something goes wrong, faulty, late delivery, doesn’t matter how many times you try to email, they don’t get back.
- There are so many scamming online sellers today, “buyer beware” protect yourself!
Think you have a better price? Call us for the best deal.
Call us 09 2744515
Concerned About Fraud?
The internet has become a more popular source for online shopping, regrettably we have seen more and more instances of fraud affecting online shoppers. Companies trading under many different names, loading warranties and charging for them as extras when often they are included from the manufacturer. Parallel imports or personal imports where the NZ supplier refuses to repair when things go wrong is often alarming to the unsuspecting purchaser. Inflated freight charges, customs and GST at the border are often forgotten as a buyer is tempted by a lower price. Constantly we hear all these stories, once bitten it’s all to late looking for that refund or replacement. The stories are outrageous at times, customers from Trademe and ebay with no place to turn, time consuming and very frustrating….
So how do you protect yourself from online fraud?
- Buy from an authorized reseller. If you are at all suspicious, contact the manufacturer directly and ask if a company is authorized to sell their products.
- Make sure you get a company invoice with GST clearly marked.
- Make sure you buy from someone who has a phone number and an address on their website, not a P.O.Box number
- Read customer feedback, you can usually tell if it's genuine or not.
We hope that you will become our next happy customer. And we promise to offer you superior service before, during and after your purchase.