Panasonic PT-AE8000 / PT-AT6000 Full HD 3D Home Cinema Projector
The PT-AE8000 Full HD 3D Home Cinema Projector was developed according to Panasonic's philosophy of providing images that mirror the director's artistic vision and intent - right in your own home. The PT-AE8000 has been redesigned to achieve higher basic 2D performance and is packed with unique 3D features to deliver the 3D quality demanded by Hollywood professionals. These 3D projection technologies were developed in collaboration with Panasonic Hollywood Laboratory (PHL) engineers, who have a key role in establishing the industry standards for 3D. This allows the PT-AE8000 to deliver both stunning 2D images and a comfortable and immersive 3D viewing experience at home.
3D Motion Remaster Delivers Correct, Natural 3D Movement
Active Shutter 3D provides an overwhelming 3D experience by delivering Full-HD images to both eyes. Panasonic's 3D Motion Remaster Technology was developed to further enhance the naturalness and realism of Active Shutter 3D images.
Active Shutter 3D can result in somewhat unnatural 3D effects when a subject moves quickly in a horizontal direction. This problem is caused by a phenomenon called the Mach-Dvorak effect, resulting from the limitation of temporal resolution in 3D image display due to the Active Shutter operating principle. The Active Shutter 3D system displays left eye and right eye images alternately. This means that left eye and right eye images that were captured at the same instant are shown with a time lag. During this time lag, especially when watching a scene in which an object moves quickly and horizontally across the screen, the viewer's brain automatically speculates and forms an image at a position that differs from the actual shown image. This results in incorrect depth perception and makes the horizontal movement appear unnatural.
3D Motion Remaster technology achieves smooth, natural moving 3D images by creating properly positioned images to compensate for time lags. The PT-AE8000 is equipped with 3D Motion Remaster to reproduce more natural and realistic images from 3D content with fast motions such as sports.
Precisely Tuned 3D Projection with Optional Panasonic 3D Eyewear
The PT-AE8000 uses frame sequential technology for 3D image projection. When viewing 3D content, signals from the PT-AE8000's built-in infrared transmitter precisely control the left and right shutters of the active 3D eyewear.
New Advanced Red-Rich Lamp with 2,400 lumens of brightness
The new 220-W Red-Rich Lamp increases the luminous efficiency of the projector to achieve brighter images with excellent color purity.
Able to produce a stunning brightness of 2,400 lm, the PT-AE8000 unleashes the beauty of 2D/3D full-HD expression for viewing on various screen sizes.
Cooling efficiency for example around the polarization filters has been increased to realize the higher lumens. Color purity is further increased by applying a special coating to the red and green condenser lenses in order to trim the impurities from the light after it is separated into the three primary colors.
Full HD Optimised Optical System
To assure maximum clarity and sharpness in full-HD images, this advanced optical system employs a full-HD-optimized lens unit comprising of 16 lens elements in 12 groups, including two large-diameter aspherical lenses and two high-performance ED (extra-low dispersion) lenses. Each lens is carefully aligned to assure a uniform focusing balance from the center to the edges of the screen. As a result, the PT-AE8000 produces stunningly clear and beautiful images.
New up to 480-Hz Compatible LCD Panels
The PT-AE8000's Full-HD LCD panels provide more brightness with higher aperture ratio. The panels are also designed for 480Hz processing capability for brighter 3D image. These high-precision panels use vertically aligned liquid crystal molecules with inorganic alignment layers. When no voltage is applied, the molecules are aligned perpendicular to the glass substrate, so there is minimal light leakage, providing higher contrast.
Pure Contrast Plates Deliver High 500,000:1 Contrast Ratio
The Pure Contrast Plates in the PT-AE8000 use a high-precision crystalline material that is carefully matched to the characteristics of the LCD panels to effectively correct the passage of light exiting the panels. This enables the projector to block unwanted light leakage and successfully increases the dynamic range. It works together with the Pure Color Filter Pro and Dynamic Iris Pro to achieve an astounding contrast ratio of 500,000:1.
Seven Picture Modes
For each 2D and 3D viewing, seven different picture modes (normal, dynamic, Rec. 709, D-cinema, cinema 1, cinema 2 and game mode for reduced frame delay) are provided.
HDMI™ with x.v.Colour™ and Deep Colour
The PT-AE8000 has three HDMI input terminals for digital transmission without image degradation. The HDMI input terminals also support Deep Colour and the x.v.Colour color space. Deep Colour provides 10-bit (over 1.07 billion) and 12-bit (over 68.7 billion) colour depths for smooth gradation between colours, while x.v.Colour compliance reproduces natural, lifelike images.*
Programmable 12V Trigger for Automated Theater Setup
Two 12V triggers are provided.** Since the input and output can be set independently (menu selectable), they can link flexibly with powered screens, room light and powered curtains. When combined with the Lens Memory, they let you create a truly classy home theater.
Viera Link for Easy Operation
The PT-AE8000 supports VIERA Link. If your home theater system contains VIERA Link-ready equipment, projection can be started by using only the remote control unit of the PT-AE8000, regardless of whether the source is a Blu-ray Disc or a TV program stored on an HD recorder.
This eliminates the need for hassling with several remote controls.***
*Effective in Rec. 709 image mode.
**The trigger terminals also operate as the 3D shutter outputs to connect the optional 3D IR transmitter ET-TRM110.
***Cannot be used simultaneously with TV that supports VIERA Link. Some operations may not be available depending on the equipment. In this case, use its own remote control to operate the equipment.
Weights and dimensions shown are approximate.
Specifications and appearance are subject to change without notice.
Product availability differs depending on region and country.
This product may be subject to export control regulations.
HDMI, the HDMI logo and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective trademark owners.
Projection Images simulated. © 2011 Panasonic Corporation. All rights reserved.
|Power supply||100–240 V AC, 50/60 Hz|
|Power consumption||310 W (0.08 W in standby mode)|
|LCD*2 panel||Panel size||18.7 mm (0.74 in) diagonal (16:9 aspect ratio)|
|Display method||Transparent LCD panel (× 3, R/G/B)|
|Drive method||Active matrix|
|Pixels||2,073,600 (1,920 × 1,080) × 3, total of 6,220,800 pixels|
|Lamp*3||220 W UHM lamp (The lamp replacement cycle is up to 4,000 hours
(lamp power: NORMAL) / 5,000 hours (lamp power: ECO)*4)
|Lens||Powered zoom (2.0x) / focus lenses (1.35:1–2.70:1), F 1.9–3.2, f 22.4–44.8 mm|
|Projection size (diagonal)||2D projection||1.02–7.62 m (40–300 inches)|
|3D projection||1.02–5.08 m (40–200 inches)|
|Throw distance||2D projection||1.16–18.08 m (3 ft 10 in to 59 ft 4 in)|
|3D projection||1.16–12.0 m (3 ft 10 in to 39 ft 4 in)|
|Colors||Full color (1,073,741,824 colors)|
|Center-to-corner uniformity ratio*5||85%|
|Contrast ratio*5||500,000:1*7 (full on/full off)|
|Resolution||1,920 × 1,080 pixels|
|Scanning frequency||HDMI||480p, 576p, 720/60p, 720/50p, 1080/60p, 1080/50p, 1080/60i, 1080/50i, 1080/24p|
|RGB||fH: 15 kHz–74 kHz, fV: 24 Hz–85 Hz,
dot clock: 154 MHz or lower
|YPBPR (YCBCR)||525i (480i): fH 15.7 kHz; fV 59.9 Hz,
525p (480p): fH 31.5 kHz; fV 59.9 Hz,
750 (720)/60p: fH 45.0 kHz; fV 60.0 Hz,
1125 (1080)/60i: fH 33.8 kHz; fV 60.0 Hz,
1125 (1080)/24p: fH 27.0 kHz; fV 24.0 Hz,
1125 (1080)/50p: fH 56.3 kHz; fV 50.0 Hz
|625i (576i): fH 15.6 kHz; fV 50.0 Hz,
625p (576p): fH 31.3 kHz; fV 50.0 Hz,
750 (720)/50p: fH 37.5 kHz; fV 50.0 Hz,
1125 (1080)/50i: fH 28.1 kHz; fV 50.0 Hz,
1125 (1080)/60p: fH 67.5 kHz; fV 60.0 Hz,
|Video/S-Video||fH : 15.7 kHz, fV: 59.9 Hz [NTSC/NTSC4.43/PAL-M/PAL60],
fH : 15.6 kHz, fV: 50.0 Hz [PAL/PAL-N/SECAM]
|Optical axis shift*8||Vertical: ±100%, horizontal: ±26%|
|Keystone correction range||Vertical: approx. ±30°|
|Installation||Ceiling/desk, front/rear (menu selection)|
|Terminals||HDMI IN||HDMI connector × 3, HDMI (Deep Color, x.v.Color™,*9 CEC*10),
HDCP compliant, supports HDAVI Control Version 5
|COMPUTER (RGB) IN||D-sub HD 15-pin (female) × 1 (RGB/YPBPR/YCBCR × 1)|
|COMPONENT IN||RCA pin × 3 (YPBPR/YCBCR)|
|TRIGGER IN / TRIGGER OUT /
3D SHUTTER OUT
|M3 × 2 (operate as 3D IR transmitter connectors)
(input/output/3D shutter output selectable using on-screen menu)
|VIDEO IN||RCA pin × 1|
|S-VIDEO IN||Mini DIN 4-pin × 1|
|SERIAL IN||D-sub 9-pin × 1 for external control (RS-232C compliant)|
|Power cord length||3.0 m (9 ft 10 in)|
|Cabinet materials||Molded plastic (PC+ABS)|
|Dimensions (W × H × D)||470 × 151 × 364*11 mm (18-1/2 × 5-15/16 × 14-11/32*11 inches)|
|Weight*12||Approx. 8.7 kg (19.2 lbs)|
|Operation noise*5||22 dB (lamp power: ECO)|
|Operating temperature||0°C–40°C (32°F–104°F)*13|
|Operating humidity||20%–80% (no condensation)|
|Remote control unit||Power supply||3 V DC (AA/R6 type battery × 2)|
|Operation range*14||Approx. 7 m (23 ft) when operated from directly in front of the signal receptor|
(W × H × D)
|48 × 138 × 28.3 mm
(1-7/8˝ × 5-7/16˝ × 1-1/8˝)
|Weight||Approx. 125 g (4.4 oz) (including batteries)|
|Supplied accessories||Power cord (× 1) (× 2 for PT-AE7000EA)
Wireless remote control unit (× 1)
Batteries for remote control (AA/R6 type × 2)
Lens cover (× 1)
|Ceiling mount bracket||ET-PKA110H (for high ceilings)|
|ET-PKA110S (for low ceilings)|
|3D IR transmitter||ET-TRM110|
- Product numbers vary depending on the market. PT-AE8000 is the product number for areas outside of Europe, and PT-AT6000 is the product number within Europe.
- The projector uses a type of liquid crystal panel that typically consists of millions of pixels. This panel is built with very high-precision technology to provide the finest possible image. Occasionally, a few pixels may remain turned on (bright) or turned off (dark). Please note that this is an intrinsic characteristic of the manufacturing technology that affects all products using LCD technology.
- The projector uses a high-voltage mercury lamp that contains high internal pressure. This lamp may break, emitting a large sound, or fail to illuminate, due to impact or extended use. The length of time that it takes for the lamp to break or fail to illuminate varies greatly depending on individual lamp characteristics and usage conditions.
- The values above are maximum values when they are used in cycles of being turned on for 2 hours and off for 0.25 hours. When the lamps are turned on and off more frequently, the lamp replacement cycle is shortened. The usage environment affects the lamp replacement cycle.
- Measurement, measuring conditions, and method of notation all comply with ISO 21118 international standards.
- In dynamic mode, with dynamic iris on.
- In cinema 1 mode, with dynamic iris on.
- Shift range is limited during simultaneous horizontal and vertical shifting.
- Effective in Rec. 709 picture mode.
- CEC is an abbreviation for Consumer Electronics Control. Operation may not be possible with some connected equipment or settings.
- With legs at shortest position.
- Average value. May differ depending on models.
- When [HIGH ALTITUDE MODE] is set to [ON]: 0°C – 35°C (32°F–95°F)
- Operation range differs depending on environments.
- If you do not have a Panasonic 3D TV that supports 3D video, use a charger that has a USB2.0 port for charging your Eyewear.
The recommended charger is Apple USB Power Adapter for iPhone. The code that follows KBC-L2 may differ depending on the country of purchase.
The code at the end of the model number of 3D Eyewear may differ depending on the country of purchase.
Customer Reviews (2)
- Stunning picture and super quietReview by Damian
Black levels are great, colour out of the box is very good. Really sharp picture and very bright even on eco mode and with 3D.
Fan is almost silent in eco mode, I was blown away by how quiet this thing is.
All in all a great purchase. (Posted on 2/04/2014)
- Stunning performanceReview by Shaun
Black level has improved over last years model.
Colour looks very natural in Cinema 2 mode which is where I have been using it.
Picture is very sharp, much better than the Epson I replaced.
The lens memory and ability to mask the image is a great feature and works perfectly. (Posted on 7/12/2012)
Write Your Own Review
Why buy from us?
Why buy from us?
Rapallo is an independently owned New Zealand company and with more than 10 years of experience, we offer you both technical expertise and superior service.
Rapallo is fully authorized to sell products by all of the manufacturers listed on our website. In most cases we are more than a reseller, we are a direct dealer who also receives training and where possible we personally test products we sell.
Authorized dealers like us offer peace of mind. Rapallo:
- Meets manufacturer's standards, from sales to service, in order to receive authorized status.
- Often receives training directly from manufacturer representatives and shares that expertise with you.
- Provides support for all the products they sell.
- Ensures that manufacturer warranties will be honoured.
- Buys directly from big brand manufacturers and guarantee you buy NZ new, (NO GREY IMPORTS OR PARALLEL IMPORTS).
The Internet is an incredibly convenient information source and a wonderful way to find savings on the products you want. Protect yourself online by buying from authorized dealers, with genuine feedback and reputations.
A price too good to be true, usually is.
If you've ever searched for a product on a shopping engine (such as Priceme/Pricespy) you may have asked yourself, "Why are some stores charging so much less than other stores?"
Our customers often share these stories with us, so we thought we would share a few with you, in hopes that you don't fall prey to any of these unscrupulous sales tactics.
- Goods may be grey market/parallel imported. They may state that the product includes the manufacturer warranty, but not tell you that the warranty is valid only in Europe, Japan, or South America, and NOT in NZ.
- You may be asked to buy an expensive extended warranty. In many cases if you do not purchase the warranty, your purchase will be denied. (The product is now out of stock, your card does not go through, etc.)
- Included parts may be sold to you separately. Some resellers will open boxes and charge extra for parts that are normally included by the manufacturer.
- Hidden charges which don't show up until your credit card statement arrives, these charges only show up when your credit card statement is sent to you.
- When something goes wrong, faulty, late delivery, doesn’t matter how many times you try to email, they don’t get back.
- There are so many scamming online sellers today, “buyer beware” protect yourself!
Think you have a better price? Call us for the best deal.
Call us 09 2744515
Concerned About Fraud?
The internet has become a more popular source for online shopping, regrettably we have seen more and more instances of fraud affecting online shoppers. Companies trading under many different names, loading warranties and charging for them as extras when often they are included from the manufacturer. Parallel imports or personal imports where the NZ supplier refuses to repair when things go wrong is often alarming to the unsuspecting purchaser. Inflated freight charges, customs and GST at the border are often forgotten as a buyer is tempted by a lower price. Constantly we hear all these stories, once bitten it’s all to late looking for that refund or replacement. The stories are outrageous at times, customers from Trademe and ebay with no place to turn, time consuming and very frustrating….
So how do you protect yourself from online fraud?
- Buy from an authorized reseller. If you are at all suspicious, contact the manufacturer directly and ask if a company is authorized to sell their products.
- Make sure you get a company invoice with GST clearly marked.
- Make sure you buy from someone who has a phone number and an address on their website, not a P.O.Box number
- Read customer feedback, you can usually tell if it's genuine or not.
We hope that you will become our next happy customer. And we promise to offer you superior service before, during and after your purchase.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: $2,689.00
Special Price $2,399.00
Regular Price: $1,199.00
Special Price $999.00
Regular Price: $999.00
Special Price $859.00